campsite pics..lets see um

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Here's our 2016 Jeep Beach setup inside the Daytona International Speedway. :elkgrin:

Ben

20160422_095834_med_hr.jpeg

Now that's dedication to working out !!!!

texascrane

Adventurer
Big Bend Ranch State Park this past weekend. It's as remote as just about anything as you will find in the lower 48. We checked in on Saturday and were told that we were the only expected group that day.

bGiwQNw.jpg

xnB1A1V.jpg

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Big Bend Ranch State Park this past weekend. It's as remote as just about anything as you will find in the lower 48. We checked in on Saturday and were told that we were the only expected group that day.

bGiwQNw.jpg

xnB1A1V.jpg

WOW!! GREAT shots! Is this Big Bend National Park in West Texas, boarding Mexico? If so, we're headed there in three weeks. Looks awesome! Can't wait.

Ben

justbecause

perpetually lost
WOW!! GREAT shots! Is this Big Bend National Park in West Texas, boarding Mexico? If so, we're headed there in three weeks. Looks awesome! Can't wait.

Ben

x2, whats it like camping near the border, did you see anyone? Just about the absolute last thing i want is a bunch of armed federal employees coming into my camp.

texascrane

Adventurer

Ben

Thanks. These two pictures are actually from the Guale 2 campsite in Big Bend Ranch State Park, which is just to the west of the national park. The national park is pretty remote (especially for a national park), but the state park is a whole different ball game. It's 300k acres with no paved roads, no fuel, and hardly any other people. Even if you don't venture into the state park, I think driving the road from Terlingua to Lajitas to Presidio is worth it if you have the time on your way home.

x2, whats it like camping near the border, did you see anyone? Just about the absolute last thing i want is a bunch of armed federal employees coming into my camp.

In the national park, you'll certainly see other people. There are campgrounds and campsites that tend to fill up, and park rangers at the visitor centers. There's even a restaurant at the Chisos Basin campground. I didn't see any border patrol agents in the park, although we did go through a border patrol checkpoint on our way back home. I've never heard of border patrol agents coming into campsites at night. That area is so remote on both sides of the border that I don't think there are many illegal crossings there. There is a border crossing station at Boquillas in the national park - you'll need a passport at $5 for the ferry across. There's a couple of restaurants and a bar in Boquillas.

In the state park, we didn't see anybody else except for when we stopped by the headquarters in Sauceda on Sunday. We were the only group scheduled to arrive when we came in on Saturday. We did see a small plane coming in to land at the air strip near the headquarters. But otherwise, there was no sign that there was anybody else in the park. The mountains in the background of the first picture are on the Mexican side of the river.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles