#CampNCrawlTrailer

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
I need to come see you sometime and check out your trailer. I bought a rooftop tent to put on top of the xj for are Colorado trip and now I need to get it off the jeep. Killed my gas mileage and power, need to start a trailer like yours to put it on... Turned out great...
Thanks Jon, do you still have your trailer?

jonb8

Adventurer
Yea I still have the teardrop but I didn't want to cross the passes with it in case I had to back up alot.. Loved the RTT but it's to high on top of the xj and hard to get the cover off and on... I'm thinking about building another trailer to put it on and love the way you did yours.
37831928_634651486916559_1576482091187568640_o-XL.jpg

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Yea I still have the teardrop but I didn't want to cross the passes with it in case I had to back up alot.. Loved the RTT but it's to high on top of the xj and hard to get the cover off and on... I'm thinking about building another trailer to put it on and love the way you did yours.
37831928_634651486916559_1576482091187568640_o-XL.jpg

That makes sense, I threw the RTT on my jeep and immediately got concerned about wheeling with it, I think I'll leave it on the trailer after hearing your feedback.

I'm really happy with how the trailer turned out its small but has everything we need to make camping comfortable. It got bigger and heavier than originally planned, at first I wanted something light weight to hold the tent, some camping gear and jeep parts/tools for trips to Harlan, WindRock etc but then the family got into the build and it turned into more of a camping trailer with our kayaks and fishing gear but still pulls great.

IMG_1414.PNG

jonb8

Adventurer
Yea on Hells Revenge it made the xj all wonky with that much weight up high... Very uncomfortable to wheel..... I'm going to start pretty soon and then probably sell them both at tax time and finish up the bus.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Fabrication Pix/Info
Box is built out of 3"x3" 3/16 angle steel
Leaf springs are attached to the box
Walls 3/16" aluminum
Doors are RV Doors from eBay

IMG_7123.jpgIMG_7125.jpgIMG_7126.jpgIMG_7128.jpgIMG_7145.jpgIMG_7146.jpgIMG_7133.jpgIMG_7134.jpg

Last edited:

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Accessories, got most of it from Amazon and eTrailer

LED Lights Flush Mount all four sides, rears are wired into the reverse lights.
Interior and Rock Lights are LED
Power Inverter from Northern Tool
Fan in the RTT runs all night

I use a deep cycle battery, the tow vehicle charges or I hook up a 2A charger at home.
It holds up great on 3 night trips, might add Solar at a later date.

IMG_7130.jpgIMG_7138.jpgIMG_1453.JPGIMG_4572.jpgIMG_7136.jpgIMG_7137.jpg

jonb8

Adventurer
Glad you put up some build pics, I've been on here looking at trailer builds. Trying to decide how I want to build a trailer, I found a 5x4 small trailer so I won't have to build and title this one.... I like the wall panel you built for the electrics, neat and clean....

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Glad you put up some build pics, I've been on here looking at trailer builds. Trying to decide how I want to build a trailer, I found a 5x4 small trailer so I won't have to build and title this one.... I like the wall panel you built for the electrics, neat and clean....

Thanks Jon, I tried keep it simple and clean also easily removable so if I need to work on it or add to it.

Awesome find on a titled starter trailer, I have tons of new parts left over, before u buy anything let me know I'll make ya a deal LoL

Look forward to seeing what ya build next!

Brianj5600

Thanks for updating with build pics. Have you ever felt the need for trailer brakes? Are the brakes on your Jeep stock?

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Thanks for updating with build pics. Have you ever felt the need for trailer brakes? Are the brakes on your Jeep stock?
Sorry just saw this, Jeep does fine with stock brakes, never been on interstate or hard off road. "Long Trips" we use the 4Runner it has no issues w brakes etc

Hope that helps

GreenandClean

Accessories, got most of it from Amazon and eTrailer

LED Lights Flush Mount all four sides, rears are wired into the reverse lights.
Interior and Rock Lights are LED
Power Inverter from Northern Tool
Fan in the RTT runs all night

I use a deep cycle battery, the tow vehicle charges or I hook up a 2A charger at home.
It holds up great on 3 night trips, might add Solar at a later date.

View attachment 469929View attachment 469932View attachment 469935View attachment 469928View attachment 469930View attachment 469931
What type of switch panel did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior