Campfire container for restricted areas

Switch

Observer
Galvanized trashcan lid. The 1/2" aluminum tubing has 1/16th inch holes drilled every 2 inches to let the propane out and the end is hammered flat. The aluminum tubing is held to the pan by 1/2" Electrical Metallic Tube (EMT) fasteners. I'm sure length of of the straight part could be half what is shown to make a more compact design.
DSCN8259[1].jpg

PlacidWaters

Adventurer

Those look GREAT! I've never seen that before. I just put one in my Amazon cart. Thanks!
One of my biggest pet peeves is arriving at a campsite and finding that the fireplace is in a weird unworkable place, so no fire. This will solve that problem! I like that you could have a fire for ambiance, heat, or cooking using very little wood. Split pine kindling would work well with this.

Dopesick

Does a bear..........
Galvanized trashcan lid. The 1/2" aluminum tubing has 1/16th inch holes drilled every 2 inches to let the propane out and the end is hammered flat. The aluminum tubing is held to the pan by 1/2" Electrical Metallic Tube (EMT) fasteners. I'm sure length of of the straight part could be half what is shown to make a more compact design.

Just an FYI - The off gas components of Galvanized anything, are toxic and will kill you.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
Two that I have been looking at for different purposes.

Fold up charcoal grate similar the one on the first page of the topic, but larger and heavier duty.
https://shop.firesense.com/products/60508

B001OC5PYY.01-A1YGQ61U6JQTA0.PT07._SS1000_SCRMZZZZZZZ_1024x1024.jpg

B001OC5PYY.01-A1YGQ61U6JQTA0.PT06._SS1000_SCRMZZZZZZZ_1024x1024.jpeg

The Aussie Campfire fire pit can be used with a propane burner, wood or charcoal
https://www.aussiecampfirekitchens....-aussie-fire-pit-with-drop-in-hot-plate-grill

ACK_FOLD10_1024x1024.jpg

CTA_FIRE_PIT_1024x1024.jpg

ACK_FOLD_1024x1024.jpg

bearman512

Adventurer
Ouch $220 for a grill without the propane might be a bit over the top but I really like the versatility of it. You have to purchase the propane adapter separately on all of their versions.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Those look GREAT! I've never seen that before. I just put one in my Amazon cart. Thanks!
One of my biggest pet peeves is arriving at a campsite and finding that the fireplace is in a weird unworkable place, so no fire. This will solve that problem! I like that you could have a fire for ambiance, heat, or cooking using very little wood. Split pine kindling would work well with this.
I've got one of those foldable firepits, be aware they're pretty small, 13" on their long side. So your usual gas station bundle of firewood may barely fit or be a bit too long. You'll need to split all your wood into small bits and have a small fire. Good for ambiance, but not much else. Even as a wood fired grill they're not great (but briquettes work decent).

Switch

Observer
View attachment 454433

Well 6 years has taken its toll on my original DIY propane fire pit.
IMG_0643.JPEG
IMG_0642.JPEG

This time I took the easy way:
Screenshot 2024-04-20 100811.png

Which meant using a 90 fitting through a hole in the bottom instead.
IMG_0644.JPEG

IMG_0645.JPEG

The valve isn't necessary but I had it on hand so wanted to try it out.

IMG_0561.JPEG

View attachment IMG_0561.MOV

The new burner has twice as many holes so distributes the flame better than the old one.
IMG_0077.jpeg

Anza Borrego National Park requires all fires in a metal container so it can in hand over spring break where we used it almost every night.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Well 6 years has taken its toll on my original DIY propane fire pit.
View attachment 830855
View attachment 830856

This time I took the easy way:
View attachment 830859

Which meant using a 90 fitting through a hole in the bottom instead.
View attachment 830854

View attachment 830853

The valve isn't necessary but I had it on hand so wanted to try it out.

View attachment 830857

View attachment 830852

The new burner has twice as many holes so distributes the flame better than the old one.
View attachment 830858

Anza Borrego National Park requires all fires in a metal container so it can in hand over spring break where we used it almost every night.
Awesome work right there buddy. Would be great on the river. Bookmarking this.

Been using this Behrens drain pans, two of them, for a fire pan setup camping and on the rivers. Multiple configs, side by side for larger parties. One pan for coals and cooking, the other for fire. Put rocks under them so they don't burn scar. If using one I turn one upside down and stack the burn pit on top, then no need for rocks. They nest for transport with some fire tools inside. Would be cool to mod one like you have for burn bans. Here's the pan:

https://www.ifa.coop/behrens-drain-and-utility-pan/100055405

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior