Camper Van Randomness

Osprey!

Observer
So... what should I do with these?

39151393900_f1b7ef12d8_b.jpg

Osprey!

Observer
It seems sad to toss them in the recycling, but I guess that's where they'll go. I can't imagine reverting the seats back to stock. Do people use these as bases for RV seats or anything like that?

I kept mine, stashed in the garage. I think I read somewhere that it could be a liability issue if I sold my van with the swivel seat base that I installed.

Corneilius

Adventurer
The only ones I keep have the rare and coveted under passenger storage drawer...even then not sure why, won't work with my swivel lol.

ober27

Adventurer
If you were to sell your van, wouldn't it be nice to reinstall those so you transfer your swivels into the replacement van?

grampswrx

Observer
COuld these be used to install a third seat in the open area behind the front two seats? Like for kids? If so, im interested in buying one.

Osprey!

Observer
Well, if anyone is interested in buying mine, I'm all ears. Just no shipping, pick up only. Otherwise, I guess there is plenty of space in the garage to store them.

kevman

Observer
I've got one with the "coveted" storage drawer. If someone wants it let me know! Shipping from Canada might be expensive but I'd rather that than throw it out.

grampswrx

Observer
If anyone wants to shop me one, I’ll pay the shipping. I have a fedex account so it should be easy. I just want to see if I can use it to mount a 3rd seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
Random camper van thought............ Spring is nearly here. Time to re-install my transfer case and get back out in the wilderness. I now return you to your regularly scheduled seat base conversation.

southpier

Expedition Leader
So this is now a thread about seat bases. This is what happens when you don't name a thread. Congrats!
caveat emptor!

btw: chain the seat bases together & drop in about 8' (or 2 metrics) of water with a float rope and you have a kayak mooring.

you're welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles