Camper type/style pro/con

Chorky

Observer
Hey all. So this is sort of piggy backing of a previous thread, but I wanted to start a new one since its not specific to pop-up's
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/camper-style-pro-con.193575/#post-2480140

After doing some looking and research, I'm back to the drawing board of sorts in terms of camper set-up. After realizing that a custom camper with my specific desires is out of my price range (for now) I am reverting to a used unit and retrofitting over time. I still am set on the service bed idea, as I simply just need that much storage for gear. However, I am reconsidering the idea of a hard side camper considering the realities of the weather conditions I will be in. I am about to visit and check out a S&S camper this weekend, and was hoping to hear more input from those with them, with hard sides, or with experience on hard sides and pop-ups.

My main concerns still are the same. Being crazy over weight, being top heavy for off highway off camper situations (which are very frequent), and being too tall for bridges, or to haul a kayak (which would further increase the top-heavy issue.

So what does the community (especially those with experience) think about hard side with a service bed causing weight and top heavy issues (also considering I'm lifted 3" with 35's? Anyone want to chime in specifically on S&S campers (it seems legit for cold weather).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier