Camper Trailer under 8' Height

DR BrianO

My family has been researching RV/Trailers for a couple months and we are trying to find one we can use to sleep 4 and fit in our 8' tall garage. We have thought about converting a cargo trailer, but like the idea of purchasing something ready to go. A pop up is an option, but not ideal for our situation.

Anyone know of one that may fit our height requirements?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

My family has been researching RV/Trailers for a couple months and we are trying to find one we can use to sleep 4 and fit in our 8' tall garage. We have thought about converting a cargo trailer, but like the idea of purchasing something ready to go. A pop up is an option, but not ideal for our situation.

Anyone know of one that may fit our height requirements?

What is the clearance of your garage?

My 8 foot garage is 95". I considered raising it as it is a stand alone garage. 2k to move header up 15". 4k + for new garage door ouch.

I did not want a pop up. I ended up with a Trail Marker Up and Out with Wetbath. It is 102" to the top of the max fan.

I will need to pull tires and roll in in the duel wheeled stab jacks tongue jacks. The stab jacks and front tounge dolly are heavy duty and can be used as jacks to pull wheels.

It is a bit of a process but to me worth not having a pop up.

DR BrianO

What is the clearance of your garage?

My 8 foot garage is 95". I considered raising it as it is a stand alone garage. 2k to move header up 15". 4k + for new garage door ouch.

I did not want a pop up. I ended up with a Trail Marker Up and Out with Wetbath. It is 102" to the top of the max fan.

I will need to pull tires and roll in in the duel wheeled stab jacks tongue jacks. The stab jacks and front tounge dolly are heavy duty and can be used as jacks to pull wheels.

It is a bit of a process but to me worth not having a pop up.

The garage has an 8' door, maybe 95" with weather stripping. It has a metal header/brick ledge and brick facade so raising it is not an option (we build it about 5 years ago to store our boat). It also has a 9' wide x 30' covered area, but also only 8' tall. We have thought about removing the tires/rims and either using castors or small tires to roll it in for storage. I do not mind that option if it keeps us from not getting a popup.

I will check out the Trail Marker Up and Out- We are open for any option. We do a lot of tent camping, but want something a little more comfortable for extended stays.

So if consider pop ups these are my suggestions in order:

Boreas eos12 or Mission Overland Approach
Arktos
Reconn R4
Taxa Mantis

For a hardsided stand up with 6 ' 4" of headroom the Trailer Marker is an option but you will have to pull wheels to get in garage and you will have to use a 4" drop Timbren suspension which will give you 15" of ground clearance. You cannot have a rooftop AC. If you need it to be light and can wait 12-18 months Trailer Marker is the best. 3,500 gvw

There are two other builders that may be able to spec it like the Trailer Marker but they will likely be 5,000 gvw

Kingdom Campers
Rover Off Road

DR BrianO

So if consider pop ups these are my suggestions in order:

Boreas eos12 or Mission Overland Approach
Arktos
Reconn R4
Taxa Mantis

For a hardsided stand up with 6 ' 4" of headroom the Trailer Marker is an option but you will have to pull wheels to get in garage and you will have to use a 4" drop Timbren suspension which will give you 15" of ground clearance. You cannot have a rooftop AC. If you need it to be light and can wait 12-18 months Trailer Marker is the best. 3,500 gvw

There are two other builders that may be able to spec it like the Trailer Marker but they will likely be 5,000 gvw

Kingdom Campers
Rover Off Road

I researched the Trailer Marker last night and this is the style we are leaning towards- roof top AC is not critical. Also similar to the Intech Flyer, a model they have in stock here.

We saw this one at a show a year ago and liked that is had everything we need, but build quality is questionable.
BRAXTON CREEK -BUSHWHACKER PLUS 17 BH Bushwhacker Plus | Teardrop Camper Trailer for Sale | Braxton Creek

We would also have to remove wheels and tires to get it in the garage, but the price range is manageable.

Yes the Braxton Creek and Intech (Flyer probably to tall) are not as high quality as the Trail Marker but less cost.

I will send you a pick of mine when I get it as it is optioned out more then anything you see on thier website. Very rustic mini toyhauler look. We don't haul toys just light weight bicycles. You can go with the two queen happy jack beds. I am tall so i went with a Terrapod RTT mounted on reinforced roof. Its such a low profile the max fan goes higher. Keep in mind its only a 12 foot box but has 80 " of interior width. Long lead time though.

DR BrianO

TrailManor?
View attachment 742599

I watched a video on these with the family and we all thought they looked odd on the inside. Not sure what it was, but when don't like at first glance it might be hard to ever like it.

jmmaxus

a926ce4e138ddd1cc2feaa98b0f8ef75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online