Camper tie down recommendations please

Ducstrom

The mounts in the bed go to the back of the bed and had sandwich plates that are 3/16 and 1/4” and mount with 8 3/8” bolts, and then also goes down through the frame. So ten bolts and 4 screws later, the back bed mount is done. The bumper mounts are just that, 3/8” bolt with sandwich plates. Seems pretty stout currently, but I have a lightweight camper. If I had something heavy like an arctic fox, I’d probably have waited for Torqlift ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if I'd call that a light weight. You're probably well over 3k lbs ready to camp.
I don't have much experience with TC's at this point but if you are planning any offroad excursions I've read that removing or loosening the rear turnbuckles could save your bumper some damage.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’m sure they will be fine, but the whole sandwiching through the bed means you are drilling a bunch of holes through your body and then any flex is working on the box too. I hadn’t looked at their set up before, as I am a Torklift guy (and product evaluator).

I like your set up though. Adventurer make a good conventional camper. We used to run a very similar combination. We have since gone back to a pre-emissions 5.9 and a smaller/lighter camper.51382F0B-9C5A-4579-A433-4827B5E1F533.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne