camper showers?

trackhead

Adventurer
I am having the same issue right now while trying to buy my first truck camper. I have a wife and we are about to have our first child and will be traveling for several months at a time during the summer and a month or two during the winter. The outdoor shower will be fine during the summer but I worry about wanting an indoor shower in the winter. For those who do a lot of winter camping what is your solution for showering in the winter? We will be camping at or near ski resorts a lot of the time

We use ours every weekend, previously in AK, now MT on ski trips, year around, winter is no obstacle. On demand propane water heater, grey water at ski area parking lots goes in a home depot bucket during the day, then in the snowbank at night. We don't have grey/black tanks. We have lived in our camper for extended periods up to three months, and also do frequent 2+ week long trips. A shower with a family is nice. My wife/kid use it every few days, I use it more because I can.

Our camper is only 8', plenty of space in our design for a big ass shower.

dirtyhandz

We have a Lance 915 with the wet bath and use it all the time. I'm a full time photographer but for some reason only seem to shoot events when its raining or 100 degrees in 200% humidity. Dont forget the Pterodactyl Mosquitos. Some where to throw wet clothes/gear to dry and a shower to freshen up is priceless. The Wife would never go anywhere with me if we didn't have the bathroom and as others have said, the older I get the less I feel like going outside at 3:00am.

dbhost

Not for me. I have a Camplux 5L and a Joolca Ensuite doube that sets up in a flash. No need to shower IN the truck / camper...

.fisher

Highly dependent on your needs and the use case for your camper.

I'm a sweaty machine and my camper primarily serves as a basecamp for a life centered around recreating outdoors (in any season). I love that it has a dry bath. I've done the outdoor shower thing but found it too limiting for winter. I've also done "baths" with wipes while backpacking when it was necessary. For me, there's nothing like a hot shower after playing and do my best to accept the compromises that come with that, given budget constraints, platform capabilities, etc.

Reactions: RKB

trackhead

Adventurer
Do you need a generator or shore power to use the heater?

NO! It's propane. Senses water pressure, a "D" battery works as piezo ingnitor. Water temp increases to 40c or so in about 10 seconds, shorter for second use. $120 on Amazon. Have done this for two years, no issues. Easy to winterize as well. Saves a ton of propane, space, and weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles