Camper shell with swing open doors: Opinions

WhatsDaPoint

Too funny. It’s a small world. I was admiring your AEV front bumper when I walked in. (Duck Inn has sadly gone down hill)
I’ll work on getting some new pics up
So far I love the caravan camper and decked combo. I do think my dogs would have trouble getting in/out if they did not have the bumper for a step.
I went with AEV salts wheels and left them at 33’s. 35’s would look better, but I’m big on range.
I have a titan aux fuel tank where my spare was, and can go 900-1000 miles without stopping.

Explorerinil

Observer
Too funny. It’s a small world. I was admiring your AEV front bumper when I walked in. (Duck Inn has sadly gone down hill)
I’ll work on getting some new pics up
So far I love the caravan camper and decked combo. I do think my dogs would have trouble getting in/out if they did not have the bumper for a step.
I went with AEV salts wheels and left them at 33’s. 35’s would look better, but I’m big on range.
I have a titan aux fuel tank where my spare was, and can go 900-1000 miles without stopping.
I’m buying that titan tank before my trip up to Canada fishing, did you do the install, if so how did it go? Where did you mount the filler with the decked system? I got the decked also and love it!

We used to go to the duck inn almost every Friday night for years, then it sold and went down hill. On a side note I was really thinking of quitting my job and buying it but they were asking too much and I figured I would have to be there everyday so no more hunting and fishing time.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I have this mod. Doesn't look like there's anything for 13+ trucks.
I picked up 3-4 gallons for $60. GDP vent mod.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I miss my old camper I had on my previous truck, had fold down beds on the sides and the doors opened up so you could load up an ATV, never should have sold that truck but needed 4 doors.

Clinton Morse

The new Alu-Cab Canopy Camper also has a barn door style rear. A more extensive rig than the ones shown above, but tossing it out there for those that haven't seen it yet..

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2018-11-30 17-57-20.png
    Screenshot at 2018-11-30 17-57-20.png
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot at 2018-11-25 19-25-41.png
    Screenshot at 2018-11-25 19-25-41.png
    885.2 KB · Views: 82

trailscape

Explorer
Here's mine. I lost count of how many holes I've cut into it now.

i-j7kfmhv-xl-jpg.329391

Really like those barn door caps. I’ll eventually sell my fiberglass topper for one of those, but will miss the tailgate for various uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles