Camper shell and OME

LJBeck

@LJBeck,
When you get a moment, could you post up a pic or two. I have 17 KC that I am shopping for a cap for. I will also be upgrading the suspension to OME. Thanks in advance.

Before: 2011 Stock PRO 4X stock suspension with 29K. Decked system with about 50 lbs of gear and the MX Mid Height cap.

1594835495971.png

After: Still very happy with the ride. Full OME HD Front and rear with SPC Upper control arms.(Paddle board was left on from this morning before work)

1594835408415.png

Bed setup

1594835459968.png

Last edited:

jpat30

Adventurer
awesome, thanks, they came through... Truck looks great btw. How do you like the decked system?

Before: 2011 Stock PRO 4X stock suspension with 29K. Decked system with about 50 lbs of gear and the MX Mid Height cap.

View attachment 598763

After: Still very happy with the ride. Full OME HD Front and rear with SPC Upper control arms.(Paddle board was left on from this morning before work)

View attachment 598761

Bed setup

View attachment 598762
Loving this set up! I just noticed you have our Core Trax tie down rails mounted to the bed of your truck, below the DECKED system. I am curious why you ended up doing that, and what you use those tie-down points for?

LJBeck

Loving this set up! I just noticed you have our Core Trax tie down rails mounted to the bed of your truck, below the DECKED system. I am curious why you ended up doing that, and what you use those tie-down points for?
Those are the Frontier Utilitracks. They just weren't removed removed before the Decked system install.

LJBeck

awesome, thanks, they came through... Truck looks great btw. How do you like the decked system?

Thanks!, I've had the system a little over a year and so far I am very happy with it. It has been a convenient way to store equipment and camping supplies. I added the foam insulating board and exterior carpet last winter. In made a huge improvement for winter camping only sacrificing a little bit of head room.

ITTOG

Can someone explain what OME is? Is it the same as OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer?

Jc1986.carter

Old man emu, they are a suspension company that arb owns/ controls. They are a gold standard for most offroad vehicles, not rock crawling or buggy suspension, around the world. They have high levels of engineering going into each suspension part they design for which ever vehicle, resulting in better handling and increasing vehicles capacity of safely handling loads up to the vehicle’s designed max payload.
Can someone explain what OME is? Is it the same as OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles