Camper list with cassette toilet option

Darwin

Explorer
Looking at manufacturers that build truck campers with a cassette toilet option. Not that many from what I have seen. So far I know

Northstar
Livin lite

any others??

W

Wandering Sagebrush

The FWC Keystone hard side has that option.

Edit: no longer in production.

Last edited:

Darwin

Explorer
I think Palomino has some with cassettes
I checked out Palomino but didn't see any of the newer ones with that option. I noticed Truck Camper Magazine did a review of one from 2010 or 11? that had the option. I guess I would need to give them a call.

Freebird

Adventurer
Alaskan campers has cassette available. All are built custom, so buyers choice on features.
(it is an all hard side pop up)
My 10' CO has one (bought used) and it functions well. Easy to dump in any RR toilet or outhouse.

Last edited:

BillTex

Adventurer
Looking at manufacturers that build truck campers with a cassette toilet option. Not that many from what I have seen. So far I know

Northstar
Livin lite

any others??

Maybe there's a reason for that?

Our first camper-popup-had a cassette-never had another one...

Darwin

Explorer
Maybe there's a reason for that?
Which would be what?

I have a few ideas why that might be the case, has to do with the crowd the RV manufactures market their "coaches" and "units" to.

Darwin

Explorer
some of cassette toilets are made by Thetford so maybe any manufacturer who is willing to customize the camper can do it
Thanks for the tip, do you know any manufacturers that are open to this?

Side note, I did find that FWC is no longer making hardsided campers per their announcement on the pop up camper section, however I found Northern lite does offer a cassette toilet option.

BillTex

Adventurer
Which would be what?

I have a few ideas why that might be the case, has to do with the crowd the RV manufactures market their "coaches" and "units" to.

Agreed...with a cassette you have maybe 2-3 days b4 you need to dump. We can stay off the grid for 2 weeks easy with our holding tank. The camper we had with cassette was a PIA...

Darwin

Explorer
Agreed...with a cassette you have maybe 2-3 days b4 you need to dump. We can stay off the grid for 2 weeks easy with our holding tank. The camper we had with cassette was a PIA...
I can see the benefit to being able to go two or more weeks without having to visit or find a dump station, the problem comes when the nearest dump station is 2000 miles away. I have not heard of many RV dump stations in Mexico. I know a lot of older people drive south in the winter time with their "coaches" but many tend to stay at RV parks, something I would be avoiding. In remote areas as long as it is environmentally friendly I have no problem doing the business in the natural. I also like the idea of being able to dump in any old toilet and call it good.

BillTex

Adventurer
Yeah
I hear a lot of snowbirds head south
We head north to ski country
Not so easy to go au natural in the frozen north country
Tried dumping a cassette in the ski lodge once
It was not appreciated
Cassette toilet sounds good on paper
In practice did not work well for us
I guess for those older folks heading south to RV parks might be a good option
Unless you can plan on sanitary place to dump every 2-3 says not a good option