Camper Interior Design(er) Resources ? ? ?

msiminoff

As I get closer to starting the interior build of The Overl[h]ander, I am realizing that while I have a pretty good handle on the layout of the space and the mechanical & electrical systems, but I definitely need help with the interior design; colors, materials, finishes, upholstery, etc.

Can anybody her recommend a company or an individual that specializes in this type (camper/RV/yacht/tiny home) interior design???

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

I fully designed mine in SketchUp Make. Then I got the facing panels built professionally. Used a cutlist plugin for all my timber framing.

Biggest thing was to build as much as possible outside the vehicle, fully operational with electric and plumbing. Then move it inside and fix it in place. This meant I could get behind and underneath everything and fix any mistakes. I did mine in units that could fit through the door.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Mark,

I fully designed mine in SketchUp Make. Then I got the facing panels built professionally. Used a cutlist plugin for all my timber framing.

Biggest thing was to build as much as possible outside the vehicle, fully operational with electric and plumbing. Then move it inside and fix it in place. This meant I could get behind and underneath everything and fix any mistakes. I did mine in units that could fit through the door.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

That modular advice is some excellent advice right there....
I am a "build it thrice" kind of guy, 1st time is my original idea, 2nd is improvements after living with it a while and 3rd is oh yeah that is a good idea based on others comments......I am never really done.
But that only works on vans and SUV's, I can't imagine what I would do in a big vehicle build.

msiminoff

Thanks for the advice so far.
I should have been more clear. I don't need assistance with the floorpan or architecture. I have already drawn up the complete interior in SolidWorks (see images) and I can easily fabricate all of the components and cabinetry. What I'm looking for is the palette of materials and finishes that will look nice together: The flooring, the cabinet facing material, the countertop, the backsplash, the wall & ceiling covering, the fabric for the seat cushions, pillows & linens, etc etc...
-Mark
RearViewOpen.JPGCutawayLeft.JPGCutawayRight.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier