Camper Builder in Abilene TX

microcampers

MicroCampers
I'm the owner of this company and would like to give some of our features to you that might help you decide if our product meets your needs or not. We are a kinda spinoff from the teardrop model but with some changes that I added to address the shortcomings of the teardrop layout for what I like. We are new and constantly in flux and changing designs and ideas so let us know what you would like.

We include a tent with every camper that attaches to one of the doors to provide an area for dressing, social area, or additional bedroom. With door left open the tent can be air conditioned as well as the camper due to the overkill size of the unit we use for cooling and heating. There are switched external gfci outlets to power lights in the tent and can be killed at bedtime within the cabin right along with killing the internal LED lighting.

Standard we also add features that are usually in high end campers such as 22" LED tv inside the cabin with an ipod docking sound bar for the sound and shelving in all corners for phones, ipods, remotes, and other things to keep handy. 4 outlets inside the cabin to power lights tv and accessories and 1 external gfci to power the tent and another to power the AC/heater unit. 2 dual plug outlets in the Galley for powering fridge, microwave, and any other appliances you might want to use while camping. Included in this galley are a 3.1 2 door fridge/freezer or a single door 4.1 fridge and a 700 to 1000 watt microwave as well. Part of the rear 2 ft galley section is an internal full height floor to ceiling closet and is next to the TV on the rear wall in the cabin.

The things different than a teardrop are the squared backend which affords for a much roomier cabin and no claustrophobic tendencies at all as well as a nice large fridge in the galley area to keep a lot of stuff cold when out there many days at a time roughing it Wink and a lot of storage space underneath the complete cabin and is a 5' x 8' area 12" deep that is divided into 3 separate locked concealed areas that are completely trimmed in diamond plate.

The size profile is 11.5' long 6' high and 6' wide and weight is 1400 pounds with a 3500 pound axle under it. Fully insulated and strong as I walked on the ceiling during build to prove the strength and I'm 190 pounds so with or without some rails you can put a lot on the ceiling as well. Has standard 14" vent and vent cover up front over the cabin for ventilation as well as aerating the cabin while rolling down the road and keep the cabin dry and fresh even if its raining.

It has a leaf spring suspension so it can have the ground clearance raised and larger tires installed if that is what you would like us to do or do yourself after purchase.
375241_227445700655083_125717694161218_663247_1430605334_n.jpg391038_233141293418857_125717694161218_678642_461916195_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bumzo1

Nice! I like the design too, I'm a sucker for a tear drop and at a great price point too. You should add more pictures or maybe a walkthrough video of it on your website, its pretty hard to get a feel of the layout from the pictures you provided. From a fellow texan I wish you the best with your new business :sombrero:

Bumzo1

I think that it would be strong enough structurally but I would be really worried about all of those 110v appliances. If someone wants an off road trailer then they are probably going to want to take it some place that doesn't have a power hook up, so they would need to use 12v.

microcampers

MicroCampers
I think that it would be strong enough structurally but I would be really worried about all of those 110v appliances. If someone wants an off road trailer then they are probably going to want to take it some place that doesn't have a power hook up, so they would need to use 12v.

Propane generator is what I use....no nasty fumes or unsafe fuel storage and same fuel almost everyone uses for their cooking while out and about. We are offering as an option the coleman large ice chest that has the thermoelectric cooler on it but it only cools down to a maximum of outside temp minus the amount it max takes off so in really hot climates it doesn't keep foods that spoil quickly as well. Going 12v is nice for remote but adds a lot of cost/weight/complexity into the equation. Electric cars are only good for like 40 miles so battery tech is much better but far short of what we need to really go solar/battery over generator/110v and be a cost effective/weight effective solution.

zeke2.0

Adventurer
I would recommend hiring some film/communications students from one of the local universities and create a better promo video. That was painful to watch.
I like your idea, it's similar to ones I've had as an alternative to traditional tear drop. Where is the water tank? With all the storage available, could you convert the lower storage to a sealed area to hold water tanks? Putting them that low in the frame would be a plus.

Would you expect customers to carry the propane generator in the tow vehicle?

I'm intrigued by your upcoming Pickup version. Looking forward to more info on that one.

Last edited:

microcampers

MicroCampers
Yeah that was just me doing a quick walk around with my cell phone and once we are financially sound it will be done very much right. I know that even self done I can do a better job than what is presently up there and I'll add a body in the cabin so you can better gauge size and space inside.

Yes water tanks could be easily added into the lower storage area and would improve the stability a lot as well as the ride. Its light for the 3500 lb axle at 1440 and rides rough with no gear loaded.

On the generator we could store a smaller one in the galley but here's my idea for that setup. Harbor freight has a dual receiver adapter that adds one above the standard receiver height about 4" higher and then put one of the cargo platforms on it with a single extender on the bottom tube and load the generator off the back of the TV and in case of just setting up and leaving attached hookup electric and fireup and be full powered setup in less than 5 minutes. Even detaching from the vehicle you could pull the main receiver pin from vehicle and leave the dual and tray attached to ball of trailer with a prop under the corners of the cargo platform and just stab the receiver for departure.

microcampers

MicroCampers
Moved company to Abilene TX and new model built

Have built the new mini microcamper and that is what will soon morph into a pickup model that will fit any full size truck regardless of manufacturer or bed length and be easy to mount and remove from the truck bed.
458774_329081700491482_125717694161218_925337_712895231_o.jpg

Hoss86

Observer
Steve,

I'm in San Antonio. I used to live on Bull Creek across Camp Mabry and saw one of your products on the road. Your products have really caught my attention. I have a Ford F-250 and what I'm really interested in the pickup model. How far has microcampers come along to make that in production? I commute from San Antonio, Kerrville, San Marcos, and Austin as a traveling "salesman". I hate staying at hotels( two experiences with bed bugs) and like to be a weekend warrior with my truck on fish trips and soon hunting trips.

Hoss86

Observer
Sorry, I didn't see your last post. I was too excited to notice. I like your concept you wrote. I've been searching online for exactly what you have in mind. I don't want the truck topper/campers due loss of truck bed and the actual truck slide in campers might be too much for someone who wants a quick nap and occasion weekend use.

Hoss86

Observer
I'm really interested once your company ventures towards that project. I definitely will keep checking your website for more pictures/designs for the truck model. Maybe mid Fall I might have to give you a call once I pay off an expense. Do you know what price range might fall?

microcampers

MicroCampers
Somewhere in 3k to 4k range it's all it will cost and be twin bed config on floor and optional deck full size bed with storage below or if needed lower sleeping area for single adult or small kids. Going to be very unique indeed.

MicroCampers on android....email info@microcampers.com if interested.

microcampers

MicroCampers
I've sold my large unit and close to selling the small unit and will start production of 3 of the pickup models at the same time within the next week. Things are moving and we should be hitting full production by mid summer and punching out mostly pickup and toy hauler models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles