Camper and Truck Photos

ericvs

Thinking about having an aluminum flatbed built but I don't want to lift the camper too high over the cab.

Great looking rig. Have you checked out the Sherptek Flatbeds? they are very close to the stock bed height, so you won't gain a ton of height. plus all that sweet storage

Andrew_S

Observer
A lot of great looking rigs in here. Some really nice older units, especially those alaskans.

Here is ours,

50265710597_0bfcb2ee41_c.jpg

50420706532_660cc3bdc9_c.jpg

50420793012_4bd80f4b2d_c.jpg

50328107048_dbd74cd0d8_c.jpg

50265572277_057c92b7fe_c.jpg

Hi everyone,

I've finally got something to post! I picked up a Overland Explorer (OvEx) Camp-X in August and headed out to Vancouver Island to do a shakedown trip. Things got in the way and I wound up mostly parked at my friend's pump house which turned out for the better in a situation of new owner meets new camper...and hilarity thus did not ensue. The F250 is almost completely stock which isn't hard as it's an XL so it doesn't come with much. There are minor additions such as the nerf bars, a bush bar and some Rancho adjustable shocks. The Camp-X is fantastic and I've lived out of it since the end of August, including the "4 days of smoke" from the US west coast fires, the first Alaska low of the season and my mandatory self quarantine on the east coast of Canada. Not too many additions to the camper other than a Rhino Rack Batwing but I have couple of projects I want to muddle through this winter to prep for a year-ish run around NA.
F250 with CampX.jpg

I am a bit of a storage freak (really who isn't) so, working with the folks at OvEx, I swapped my fast & dirty plywood in-cab storage tray for something a bit more refined (and roadworthy too).
In-cab tray.jpg

Next steps for the truck include a minor lift (<=4") as, though I have no issues with stock ride height, it will just look cooler. I scored a prototype tray through OvEx that's colour matched to my truck (pure luck on this one ;not only the colour but I happened to be at the shop when it became available) with long storage boxes along the tray sides. New tires and possibly new wheels are in the running too.

I've got some winter project ideas for the camper but nothing firm (sts).

Just looking forward to next year.

DPS

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Here is my 2017, 7' Alaskan camper. It sits on a 2008 duramax. Great combo but I need more storage! Thinking about having an aluminum flatbed built but I don't want to lift the camper too high over the cab.
The first two popups I sat in before buying my Northstar were Alaskans. I slept in the dirt(tents) in Baja for 25 yrs until sitting in one of those.
That did it.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hi everyone,

I've finally got something to post! I picked up a Overland Explorer (OvEx) Camp-X in August and headed out to Vancouver Island to do a shakedown trip. Things got in the way and I wound up mostly parked at my friend's pump house which turned out for the better in a situation of new owner meets new camper...and hilarity thus did not ensue. The F250 is almost completely stock which isn't hard as it's an XL so it doesn't come with much. There are minor additions such as the nerf bars, a bush bar and some Rancho adjustable shocks. The Camp-X is fantastic and I've lived out of it since the end of August, including the "4 days of smoke" from the US west coast fires, the first Alaska low of the season and my mandatory self quarantine on the east coast of Canada. Not too many additions to the camper other than a Rhino Rack Batwing but I have couple of projects I want to muddle through this winter to prep for a year-ish run around NA.
View attachment 618626

I am a bit of a storage freak (really who isn't) so, working with the folks at OvEx, I swapped my fast & dirty plywood in-cab storage tray for something a bit more refined (and roadworthy too).
View attachment 618631

Next steps for the truck include a minor lift (<=4") as, though I have no issues with stock ride height, it will just look cooler. I scored a prototype tray through OvEx that's colour matched to my truck (pure luck on this one ;not only the colour but I happened to be at the shop when it became available) with long storage boxes along the tray sides. New tires and possibly new wheels are in the running too.

I've got some winter project ideas for the camper but nothing firm (sts).

Just looking forward to next year.

DPS
You could use some Carli magic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles