Campa USA

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
haven said:
Anybody have experience and/or opinions with the
Campa USA trailer line?

http://www.campausa.com

Awesome units. we puled 2 of them on our last baja trip. They made the experience afirst class trip. all of our gear was easily stowed in the campa units for15 days for 8 people.

The stainless construction is tough and looks awesome. The kitchen is incredible, the hot shower was great. then tents were really ewasy to open and despite accidentally deploying slightly below the high tide line onw night we got no water in the tents. The bathtub floor is very well constructed!

There are 2 tent options. Both have the same loft with a tempurpedic matress. The difference is in the rooms. The small unit opens tot he rear of the trailer and forms a room that has kichen acces for weather free cooking. and will easily sleep 2 people on the ground. The large tent opens to the side and rear. It has 2 huge rooms can be divided. the side room has full acces tot he main bins ans sink on the traler as well as the loft. the rear room has acces to the kitchen. both rooms have exteriro doors and the side walls can actually be unzipped to create an awning for open air evenings. This unit sleeps up to 8 people!

Over the weeks we had them I got to use every system. There was no rocket science in set up of the tents or operating the other systems like the fridge, shower, sink, charging the battery, lights, filling the water tank etc.

I also towed the unit on the baja track with my 4cyl tacoma no problem so despite its #2600lbs loaded wieght it pulled easily across rocky trails headlight deep water crossings and mud. On the highway is behaved perfectly. I tow trailers alot for my job so I'm real picky on towing behavior.

You can not go wrong with a Campa nor will you find a better trailer system. There are other trailer units on the maket that are well made. Each trailer although they affer similar features will be different on the road trail and function. For the way I like to travel a campa is the only trailer I will own.

fisrtcamp3.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
The BN Guy said:
Nice looking trailer. I'm definitely looking into that one. Of course price is important too.

I believe the price difference between a horizon by A.T. and an ATT by Campa is roughly 5K. Althought the Campa is all Stainless has (2) 22 gallon water tanks, a hot water shower, a tent with a room at ground level and 2 side awnings, a sink, 60Q engel, battery and a hot water shower. You are getting alot more. Plus non of the bins are bolt togther it's all welded.

There were a few early units using an overseas spec bearing but the current units are using a U.S. spec hub assembly and raking system.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Campa Trailers 21 Jan

Very COOL!! I like the folding kitchen. Nice Oak hardware for dishes and such. It seems abit heavy but did carry allot of stuff. The tent systems (mult) are really nice and family friendly. Looks like Aussie models I see on line. They have done well with the space they had. I know when I was building my trailer, this was a major concern. I am still working out space, storage and placement. I like the hard boxes on top of the video. They looked tuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior