Camp Tables - What are you using?

bluejeep

just a guy
In addition to a work surface hanging off the camp trailer, I use 2 of these. They pack down quick and to a nice compact size.

table

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Another vote for the Lifetime 24" x 48" fold-in-half adjustable-height table.

It is definitely not perfect, but I've yet to find anything that competes on a dollar to performance basis.

I would dearly love one of the Frontrunner tables, as the pack-master in me loves the idea of storing the table under the roof rack, but spending 8.5x as much for a table that is 0.4" thinner just doesn't sound like good sense.

Dr Gil

Another vote for the Lifetime 24" x 48" fold-in-half adjustable-height table.

It is definitely not perfect, but I've yet to find anything that competes on a dollar to performance basis.

I would dearly love one of the Frontrunner tables, as the pack-master in me loves the idea of storing the table under the roof rack, but spending 8.5x as much for a table that is 0.4" thinner just doesn't sound like good sense.

You can still mount your Lifetime under your roof rack by using this K9 table mount. I use this under roof rack table mount to mount my Life under my Gamiviti roof rack.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

My latest and maybe favorite so far, this kind of checks several boxes. It's big enough, high enough, rigid top, and packs in a long slender shape I can secure somewhere even though it's not small.
We've got one of those rolled up in the garage somewhere. We stopped bringing it after discovering the lazy beauty of the Walmart Field & Stream folders.

Like this but from Walmart. They're rebranded all the time. I've got a slot built for a pair of them under the solar panel storage in the Jeep.

Rivers2run

Observer
The other thing I like about a hanging table is I can add usefulIMG_20191022_144444-01.jpg
accessories like paper towels, garbage bag, and dish drainer dryer photo above. I attach this to the front of the table works great because of the eyebolts and upward cord it is easy to add stuff to it. I strap it to the sleeping board of my habitat. It is completely up and out of the way for the pack. You could slide it under a roof rack if desired.

Last edited:

TantoTrailers

Came across a new table I may buy in the future! Adjustable legs and all.

dbhost

For my food prep / kitchen area, a Coleman Packaway portable kitchen.

613cpCxmA6L._SL1500_.jpg

For dining I use a Lifetime 5' fold in half plastic table from Sams Club.

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
For my food prep / kitchen area, a Coleman Packaway portable kitchen.

613cpCxmA6L._SL1500_.jpg

For dining I use a Lifetime 5' fold in half plastic table from Sams Club.

I also use the Coleman. The updated one (different from your photo) is much improved, as they've eliminated the thin damage-prone scissor-leg assemblies. My quality of life was much improved when I took the netting "shelf" and folding took rack and tossed them into a box of spare crap in the garage. I was always having to find a spot to set them aside while I was erecting the table and never thought they added much utility.

One warning: It appears that the link in your post might be an Amazon affiliate link. Posting those on the forum is both a violation of forum rules and also against Amazon's policy. If Amazon sees it, they can freeze your whole affiliate account.

dbhost

I also use the Coleman. The updated one (different from your photo) is much improved, as they've eliminated the thin damage-prone scissor-leg assemblies. My quality of life was much improved when I took the netting "shelf" and folding took rack and tossed them into a box of spare crap in the garage. I was always having to find a spot to set them aside while I was erecting the table and never thought they added much utility.

One warning: It appears that the link in your post might be an Amazon affiliate link. Posting those on the forum is both a violation of forum rules and also against Amazon's policy. If Amazon sees it, they can freeze your whole affiliate account.

First and foremost, the affiliate link was very much not intentional... Just trying for a shorter URL... If anyone can recommend a way to shorten those mile long URLs without having to go to one of those third party link shorteners sites. The point behind posting the URL is only to give an idea of how much the item costs. I don't post Sams Club or Costco links as they require membership so not everyone can actually buy from them... I am not trying to promote my affiliate stuff through other sites that are trying on their own to monetize.

I have always found the mesh net thing to be somewhat ackward to use.

I do however use the hanging tool holder. And couldn't imagine not having it...

There are some uses that I find for the mesh netting. Most notably my enamel steel serviceware, and my nesting stainless steel cook kit.

Last edited:

Laps

Two different sized GCI tables for cooking, and one GSI table, for the tent (it is able to be lowered to within 4 or 8 inches off the ground).

minhster714

I've gone through a bunch of different tables (gsi, walmarts, etc) and now I just DONT carry a table anymore. I have two kids (2/4yo) and trying to get them to sit still at a table is close to impossible anyways and with a table, I have to bring them chairs also. Just too much to set up, put away, and haul for me now. Maybe I'll revisit a table when the kids are older.

But for now, we LOVE the CGear Sand Free Mats, the kids will just picnic on it and we usually bring chairs for my wife and I only. The FRO Wolf Packs works great as small tables to keep things off the ground, just wish the lids were a little grippier, things tend to slid a little too easy on them. For quick lunches we have a drop down table on the rear door (fj cruiser) and the kids just sit on back of the rig and my wife and I are usually just standing around or we'll pull out our chairs if we really feel like it (but usually not worth it for us).

Kind of off tangent but I feel like sometimes you just dont "need" a table. Too big, too much setting up, and for us, the camping part is usually just eat and then sleep right away. We're usually out doing stuff and not just sitting around camp.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles