Camp Tables - What are you using?

outdoornate65

Adventurer
We have two Alps Mountaineering roll-up tables....one I've used for 15 years easy.

Pretty light and sturdy. Maybe a little low for some taller folks to use as a cooking table but works okay for us normal-sized humans.

inexplorata

We have two Alps Mountaineering roll-up tables....one I've used for 15 years easy.

Pretty light and sturdy. Maybe a little low for some taller folks to use as a cooking table but works okay for us normal-sized humans.
We use these also. I probably bend over more than I'd like, but my brain is wired to pack the kind of cylinder bag it rolls into.

Oilbrnr

I have the same FrontRunner table that Lance posted. Love it, and now that I have a FWC, I'm going to mount the rails under the cabover space.

robert

Expedition Leader
Had one of the REI roll tops for a long time but when i couldn't find it I picked up one of the Coleman's that essentially the same Chinese table. It works well enough but as noted, it's short and you can't get your legs under it so you sit funky. I've got a sheet of HDPE screwed onto my tailgate that I use as well.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I have the same FrontRunner table that Lance posted. Love it, and now that I have a FWC, I'm going to mount the rails under the cabover space.
Please post a picture of that when you get it done.....heck PM me a picture. Do you anticipate having to remove/lift the camper to do the install?

I have a set of the FR rails I bought a couple years ago to store a solar panel on my 4-Runner. They are still in the box, unused and I thought they would work well for the application you described (obviously I now have a FWC and not the T4R).

Thanks,

Nate

Oilbrnr

Please post a picture of that when you get it done.....heck PM me a picture. Do you anticipate having to remove/lift the camper to do the install?

I have a set of the FR rails I bought a couple years ago to store a solar panel on my 4-Runner. They are still in the box, unused and I thought they would work well for the application you described (obviously I now have a FWC and not the T4R).

Thanks,

Nate

I will remove the Hawk, or at least pull the truck forward some to let me get in the bed, primarily so that I can easily stick the tracks in place with the butyl tape and then bolt through from the plywood base of the overhead bed. The only thing that I'll need to modify is the cool FR gravity latch thing that holds the table in place. I'm guessing it is in the box with your rails. The bracket is hung from the topside of the FR rack and with the FWC it will need to be turned 180* and mount to the bottom side of the cabover portion of the FWC. Probably will cut it and weld back together.

It is a perfect dead space to put the table in and only hangs down about 1.5". Really solves the issues of where to carry a decent sized table without being in the way while traveling. Hopefully there will be no 'oil-canning' of the stainless steel sheet that make the top of the table, as the air goes between the cab roof and FWC...

I'll attach a pic here when I get it done. (might be a month or so due to time constraints. aka family life)

TantoTrailers

Crazy Creek Crazy Legs Roll-Up Aluminum Table, Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AYW43W0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2hQLDb5H9Q5RQ

Bought this when I finished my trailer and I really like it. I’m a taller guy and the adjustable legs allow me to add about 8” of height without compromising stability. The adjustability comes in handy in uneven surface situations. Folds down really small imo and fits in my tongue box easy. So far a year+ of use and I still love it.

robert

Expedition Leader
Hmm, I'm wishing I'd seen the Crazy Creek before I bought my Coleman with the fixed legs.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I will remove the Hawk, or at least pull the truck forward some to let me get in the bed, primarily so that I can easily stick the tracks in place with the butyl tape and then bolt through from the plywood base of the overhead bed. The only thing that I'll need to modify is the cool FR gravity latch thing that holds the table in place. I'm guessing it is in the box with your rails. The bracket is hung from the topside of the FR rack and with the FWC it will need to be turned 180* and mount to the bottom side of the cabover portion of the FWC. Probably will cut it and weld back together.

It is a perfect dead space to put the table in and only hangs down about 1.5". Really solves the issues of where to carry a decent sized table without being in the way while traveling. Hopefully there will be no 'oil-canning' of the stainless steel sheet that make the top of the table, as the air goes between the cab roof and FWC...

I'll attach a pic here when I get it done. (might be a month or so due to time constraints. aka family life)
Thanks for the info. I'll look forward to seeing a picture.

Another user of the TailGator tire table here. No more fiddling trying to get a table level, plenty big enough for a stove or bbq, makes a great spot for dining for two or a sundowner serving table. I liked my first one so much I bought another one at the Offroad Expo. ?

I own/use a variety of Lifetime tables but if I were in the market for another table I would definitely be buying one from Front Runner.

TimB

Sno Peak collapsible table, recommend sealing the wood table before using as several reviews had delamination from moisture, I sealed mine with several coats of spray epoxy and this has worked well for several years now, it’s the right height, compact as it gets, and easy to set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles