Camp Table

KellyM

Adventurer
Don't remember the exact height on these but this is what I use. Honda CRV's have a nice little table as a storage compartment cover in the rear. I have 2 of them I picked up from junk yards. Total spent $20. They are very stable and strong and work well with my director style chairs.

Thanks, Squatchout. I saw this on another tread (yours I think). It is a great idea, but the tables are a little lower than what I am looking for. Too bad because I really like the approach.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Our family uses a commercial-grade-Lifetime-6-foot-center-folding table. I found it at Costco a while back for like $50. It's height is only 29" so it doesn't help the OP. We really like it though. It's exceptionally sturdy and probably will hold a couple hundred pounds easy.

DSC08935.JPG

Take a look at the*Lifetime 4' Adjustable Fold-in-Half Table - White*Model: 4435

Item #: 912151 (Sam's Club)
Sam's Club description: *This adjustable table has three height settings. *Use the table at the lowest setting (22”) for children, standard table height (29”) and at counter height (36”). *The adjustable table folds to a manageable 24” x 24” square. With a built-in carry handle, the table is lightweight and portable.

Amazon description: *5 year warranty. Made of high density polyethylene. Size: 48'' x 24''. Weighs 24 lb. White granite. Weight limit: 500 lbs. evenly distributed.

Ramjet

Explorer
Take a look at the*Lifetime 4' Adjustable Fold-in-Half Table - White*Model: 4435

Item #: 912151 (Sam's Club)
Sam's Club description: *This adjustable table has three height settings. *Use the table at the lowest setting (22”) for children, standard table height (29”) and at counter height (36”). *The adjustable table folds to a manageable 24” x 24” square. With a built-in carry handle, the table is lightweight and portable.

Amazon description: *5 year warranty. Made of high density polyethylene. Size: 48'' x 24''. Weighs 24 lb. White granite. Weight limit: 500 lbs. evenly distributed.

I have one of these. It is quite small, but works. If you're ever in Fort Worth, you can have it. I really don't need it.

taugust

Adventurer
I have the Cabelas heavy duty large, which is the one shown. While it is heavy, I like that it is sturdy and adjustable. Works well. They occasionally come on sale and with the $20 off coupons, they can be had for much less than regular price.

The Boy Scout

Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

This home made table is not fancy, but has served me for probably 15 years, rafting rivers here in Alaska. I made it tall, and just made a folding table top.

The hockey sticks make for VERY sturdy light weight legs. (ask the zamboni driver of your local ice rink, he will have a pile of broken hockey sticks in the back).

The store-bought versions that use the collapsable legs usually have a roll-top, which can be wrapped around the legs for very compact storage and transportation (with your collapsable camp chairs). If you want to make a roll top, go to your local danish furniture store, and ask for a set of twin bed slats. They will likely be stapled a few inches apart to a couple strips of light canvas along the edges. Rip them off, and reattached with pop rivets or bolts to a good pair of cam straps, with no spaces between, and you have a fine roll top, table top.

The whole thing probably will cost less than $25, and you can have an honest-to-goodness high table for taking care of business

Last edited:

Adventure Copan

Adventurer
View attachment 152076View attachment 152077

This home made table is not fancy, but has served me for probably 15 years, rafting rivers here in Alaska. I made it tall, and just made a folding table top.

The hockey sticks make for VERY sturdy light weight legs. (ask the zamboni driver of your local ice rink, he will have a pile of broken hockey sticks in the back).

The store-bought versions that use the collapsable legs usually have a roll-top, which can be wrapped around the legs for very compact storage and transportation (with your collapsable camp chairs). If you want to make a roll top, go to your local danish furniture store, and ask for a set of twin bed slats. They will likely be stapled a few inches apart to a couple strips of light canvas along the edges. Rip them off, and reattached with pop rivets or bolts to a good cam strap, with no spaces between, and you have a fine roll top, table top.

The whole thing probably will cost less than $25, and you can have an honest-to-goodness high table for taking care of business

Very NICE!

-Daniel Kent

6x6pinz

Adventurer
OK so I cheated. Not sure how to make this happen on your rig but it sure works nice on mine.

Attachments

• pinz table 001.jpg
    pinz table 001.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 48

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior