Camp Table

KellyM

Adventurer
Hi ExPo'ers:

I am looking for a tall camp table (at least 33" or higher) to use for cooking prep and buffet serving. Does anyone have or know of something that might fit the bill?

A rollup or fold in the middle type table would be best. The closest I have found are the Cabelas' Deluxe Roll top and the Travel Chair XL, both of which extend to a 33" height, but are pretty wobbly and according to some reviews the leg extensions apparent don't hold well.

We have been using a REI Camp Kitchen setup for years. It works fine as we put our stove on it, and if I sit on an Action Packer I can do the prep work without hunching over. However, we are switching to a new rig and will put a stove/slide combo in the back of the Jeep, and I would like to get something that would allow me to standup while doing prep and that packs up a little smaller than the REI CK.

Thanks,

Kelly

KellyM

Adventurer
Thanks, T. Ray. That is a pretty neat set-up. I'm hoping for something a bit taller. It does look better than my REI setup however.

DesertBoater

Adventurer
It won't fold in half, and for just a table, it might break the bank, but I'd check out a river/rafting table. Chances are, you'll hand it down to your grand kids someday. I'd recommend going through either NRS or Cascade Outfitters. Respectively here and here. I have a feeling they're the same table, although Cascade has a number of sizes that NRS doesn't carry. The pros to this style of table as opposed to a rolling/folding/cheaper option are stability. On the river, we have no problem putting our 4 big metal dishwashing pails full of water on top of our six burner stove to boil dish water. These things are sturdy, and with a small shovel, you can easily dig in individual legs to level the top out and make it that much more sturdy. You can also get a number of hanging mesh bags for drying dishes/holding utensils underneath. They can also be used as a backboard if it ever comes to it (hopefully not). Good luck in your search.

Cheers,
West

KellyM

Adventurer
They can also be used as a backboard if it ever comes to it (hopefully not). Good luck in your search.

Cheers,
West

Thanks, West. I will check these out. Great point about being useful as a backboard as well.

It seems I always end up coming back to river guide gear (e.g. Partner stove).

It looks like ALPS has a guide table that might work as well, although I'm not enamored with the composite table top. Beau reviewed one on Living Overland.

KellyM

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles