Camp Stove Griddle Plate Recommends.

SnoRnR

Hi,
I’m looking for recommends for a camp stove griddle plate for a double burner Eureka stove. It holds two 12” pans so is fairly big. I would love a plate that cover a single burner but if that’s not possible a double burner model would be great.

Ordered the Nordic Mini tagged in another tread below.

Thanks for the help all.

Last edited:

Michael-Dallas

Thanks for the recommend. Are you replacing the lodge with this because it’s lighter?

Lighter, and it should heat & cool faster being steel. I’ll find out how I’ll like it next week when I’m out on a trip. Since I’ve volunteered to cook dinner one night, I’m hoping to cook meats on the griddle, then swap it out with pan to cook veggies.

Alloy

We've had a 20" Camp Chef griddle for a few years. It's worked good. Only issue is the surface has some irregularities so cooking oil doesn't stay in the center.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

SnoRnR

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I bought 3 double sided BBQ Plates from a local store who had them for sale for about $20 USD, They have a smooth side and they have ridges on the other,

I also bought a Cast Iron Camping set of pots and pans that also had another BBQ plate in it,

My BBQ SET.jpg

Last edited:

geojag

The Lodge carbon steel griddle would be worth a look. Should be lighter than cast and has a slightly deeper rim. I have several of the pans and they cook very well.

thedavidzoo

I spent way too many hours researching this a while back.
We use the Lodge 18" x 10" carbon steel griddle also and like it a whole lot. I see they have gone up substantially in price though, used to be $50. The nonstick works well, cleans easily, and it weighs a good bit less than cast iron. Heating up and cooling time is also much shorter. It is thick enough that warping shouldn't be an issue unless abused. The best part though is the higher sides. All your food stays on the griddle instead of falling off when flipping/stirring, etc. For greasy foods you can put it on a slight incline and have the fat go to one side.
Most other steel griddles are very thin gauge. The standard flat cast iron griddles have a very small cooking surface and the handles are usually flat to the surface, making picking up or maneuvering difficult on a flame and can take away cooking surface. If there is a grease channel, it makes your cooking surface even smaller.
As long as the size fits on your stove, I highly recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles