Camp shower advice needed

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I posted this earlier in a thread in the Jeep section but since it isn't Jeep specific I'll post it here too.

My homemade shower and shower enclosure/changing room.

Mounted on the roof rack and stowed:

PowerShowerStowed1.jpg

PowerShowerStowed2.jpg

PowerShowerStowed3.jpg

Unzipped, inside we find the shower enclosure, the floor mat and four tent stakes:

PowerShowerUnzipped.jpg

Deployed:

Deployed2.jpg

Deployed3.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Inside there's a mat on the ground, and the PowerShower unit:

Deployed1.jpg

PowerShowerUnit.jpg

The Power Shower box contains a small demand pump (pump turns on when faucet is opened, turns off when faucet closed). I

made the decal on the box using my Cricut cutter; it's a vinyl stick-on. The shower unit has a removable shower head:

RemovableShowerhead.jpg

A view from above showing the 20 liter (5 1/4 gallon) water bladder. The bladder is Swiss Army surplus and absorbs heat

from the sun very well. In this photo it's got less than 2 gallons in it.

WaterSupply.jpg

The shower curtains are from Target; I sewed 72" zippers on the edges to join them together in the back and to provide a

closure for privacy. The zippers have reversible pulls, the pull can be used from inside our outside the enclosure.

Zipper.jpg

Quick work on the Cricut cutting and infusible ink transfer, the logo is permanently dyed into the fabric with heat from an

iron:

PowerShowerLogo.jpg

I need to replace the cheapo Ikea shower curtain rings with something more secure but other than that this project is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94