Camp rug?

Lykos

Super Trucker
Hey ya'll.

The last extended camping tip I did was four nights in the same spot at an arts festival, in the rain.
The area around my awning and the back of my Burb where I cook became a muddy mess. The outdoor mat I used was little help as it just got stomped down in the mud.
Id love to hear what you're using or some brain storming on the subject to help me out.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Got a piece of scrap fake grass at Lowes in a bin for about 10$. Its about 6 x 6. It works great as the landing area under the ladder of the RTT. Folds up when done and I throw a bungie around it. Wash it off with a hose when I get home.

Alloy

We've been using interlocking EVA foam tiles for 4 years. These don't absorb water. The surface can be slippery but the smooth surface makes sweeping the water/crud off a breeze. Our mat is 3 tiles wide by 6 tiles long. The 3 wide tiles are duct taped together.

Around here in the Sandhills of SC we enjoy the fake grass. It works great at stopping tracking sand and dirt everywhere. I have never tried it in mud though.

Bobzdar

Observer
I bought a piece of outdoor carpet from Lowes cut to size - cost under $40. It's not perfect as if it's really wet and/or muddy, it will get wet and muddy (but so will anything else). However, it dries out quickly. Only issue is if you pack it up wet, it adds weight, but rolled up easily fits in a contractor bag.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I'm not too worried about wrought. But, I sm concerned how bulky it is when I gotta pack it up wet and muddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94