Camp rug?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
In your situation, at an arts festival, in the rain, I'd bring a couple of bales of hay to spread out and just leave it there when I pack up.

If I was actually camping and woke up to a muddy mess, I'd just move...

another_mike

Adventurer
Been looking at camp rugs lately...

Went to the local walmart, found their 9x12 RV mat for $50. One thing that struck me was its material. 9lbs of polypropylene. I dont like the idea that after a few years it might be 9lbs of just useless plastic. How many years are people averaging out of their mats? The CGear sand free mat does look interesting.

dcg141

Adventurer
Been looking at camp rugs lately...

Went to the local walmart, found their 9x12 RV mat for $50. One thing that struck me was its material. 9lbs of polypropylene. I dont like the idea that after a few years it might be 9lbs of just useless plastic. How many years are people averaging out of their mats? The CGear sand free mat does look interesting.
I have two I got off one of the big RV websites several years ago really cheap. I have used them all this time now and during several really muddy trips and they still look like the day I bought them. They just don't stain at all and they don't absorb water and get heavy. I have had them totally mud covered pick them up to pack and mud does not cling to them. Usually I get them home and what little mud is still there just sweeps off. I can't remember ever having to hose them down.

Lykos

Super Trucker
In your situation, at an arts festival, in the rain, I'd bring a couple of bales of hay to spread out and just leave it there when I pack up.

If I was actually camping and woke up to a muddy mess, I'd just move...
I like the idea but I don't know how well I'd like picking hay out of my burb for the next few weeks after. Lol

jpachard

Adventurer
Check out cgear. Link below. Super nice quality and works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
I knew I was to be camping at a place with rocks (sharp ones) so I went to a thrift store and got a 6x9 rug to go under my OZ tent. Kept the bottom of the tent free of holes. For $10 it was worth it to save my $900 tent. I occasionally take it if I think there will be questionable surfaces to pitch my tent on, insulates as well.

ITTOG

I have two I got off one of the big RV websites several years ago really cheap. I have used them all this time now and during several really muddy trips and they still look like the day I bought them. They just don't stain at all and they don't absorb water and get heavy. I have had them totally mud covered pick them up to pack and mud does not cling to them. Usually I get them home and what little mud is still there just sweeps off. I can't remember ever having to hose them down.
Not useful without a link or description of the product.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gunsandgearnetwork

Not useful without a link or description of the product.

I think he is talking about these style rugs used by the RV camper crowd which are good also.

ITTOG

I think he is talking about these style rugs used by the RV camper crowd which are good also.

Thank you very much. I completely over looked he quoted another post.

hemifoot

Observer
i use the rv mats now.i gave up trying to combat muddy messes around my campsite due to mud by using carpets or tarps.it's a lost cause for me anyway.after the rain subsides i just toss the mat into the lake/river and wash it off and start all over. anything else was either too heavy or didn't dry very fast.at least the rv mats don't hold water and dirt /pine needles are easily swept up

D

Deleted member 9101

I have always staked down a cheap tarp. If it gets a hole, I toss it and get another cheap tarp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke