Camp kitchen / chuckbox checklist

shade

Using non-stick aluminum foil on cooking surfaces dramatically cuts down on clean up. I prefer Reynolds oven grade foil for its size and durability. I use binder clips to hold it on the griddle, and let it cool after use so any grease has thickened enough to go in the trash.

Spray or wipe some oil on cooking utensils prior to use to keep food from sticking.

Lysol kitchen wipes have an abrasive side that is more effective than others I've tried.

CaptainBuilt

I have cast iron as I tend to travel heavy and nothing beats cast iron for cooking in my mind. But I also have a large non stick pan/dutch oven sort of pan that I use. It goes in a large trash bag with a foam cutout inside to protect the teflon coating. I can do without those flecks of chemicals in my food. Ha.

I also have a 10" cast iron skillet with lid. I'm thinking about getting a dutch oven with legs too.

Wilbah

Adventurer
I also have a 10" cast iron skillet with lid. I'm thinking about getting a dutch oven with legs too.

I have a dutch oven too but found I didn't use it much so now leave it home. I know some of the recipes I see for them look great but for me and my buddies it just seems we grille more than anything else. But cast iron of any type is great for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94