Camp Cots / Pads / Mattresses

michlong

Hey All, what is anyone using for a pad/cot etc with your ground tent?

Just starting to collect some gear together to go camping with the kids, not been in 25 years and I am sure I want some thing more comfortable.

thanks

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Hey All, what is anyone using for a pad/cot etc with your ground tent?

Just starting to collect some gear together to go camping with the kids, not been in 25 years and I am sure I want some thing more comfortable.

thanks
I have owned 2 of these since about 97/98, the first one I sold because I didn't need it any more but a couple of months ago I bought a new one and they are great because on uneven ground each leg is adjustable and they are very tough and stable, (y)

towee

I’m with woody. Exped megamat and ditched the cots completely. If I’m camping in extremely hot temperatures I’ll bust out the helinox cot for airflow no pad. If you do go cot plus pad the exped is prolly overkill you just need to make sure you have the correct R value pad to keep you warm they all add to the comfort of a cot.

towee

Also on cots I have a love/hate while they are comfortable and add good underneath storage especially in a standing height tent I just can’t find one I really like. They’re either to heavy/bulky or too much of a pain to set up. I love my helinox cot but again it’s a pain to set up and really low to the ground I use it for two very specific uses: hot weather and float trip gravel bar camping where weight and bulk are at a premium but sleeping on the rocks suck.

The exped is so simple unroll, pull the inflate valve fifteen minutes later bed ready I don’t even have to top it off.

jgaz

Adventurer
I like a cot in a standing room tent especially in warm/hot weather.
I’m a bit over 6’2” so a 72” cot is too short to be comfortable for me. Don’t know your height but the cot length is something to keep in mind.

Not sure of the length of my cot but is an extra length LL Bean that was on sale as a close out.
I top that with a 3” REI pad but I’d really like to replace that with something less bulky but just as comfortable.

JimBiram

Adventurer
Since I got a Nemo Roamer Self inflating mattress, I have slept so well. It’s pricey, but it’s compact enough for car camping, and keeps your body warm and comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pluton

Adventurer
I have owned 2 of these since about 97/98, the first one I sold because I didn't need it any more but a couple of months ago I bought a new one and they are great because on uneven ground each leg is adjustable and they are very tough and stable, (y)

This appears to be something similar from REI:https://www.rei.com/product/892837/rei-co-op-kingdom-cot-3

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Yeah that's it, These bed are for Carp fisherman and they use them in the dead of winter, Over here their are at leased a dozen brands of them and most brands make at leased a dozen or Two different models, I bought the Defender model because I had the first model of it and the new one has extra legs and an inbuilt Pillow, they are way better than any Camp bed you can find, Over here and in Europe they must sell about a million of them a year, Carp fisherman love upgrading to the latest model, and they gear they have is incredible, (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles