Camel Trophy

jim65wagon

No Affiliation; just saw this on my way to Dulles International the other day. It's on Centreville Road in the area of Manassas, VA.

3442096100_b338816fa7_o.jpg

The pics are cellphone quality, sorry bout that...

3441282083_1ab66cd84d_o.jpg

I know you can't read the paper, but in short it reads (from memory)....this was custom built for Nathan Hindman of Pangea Expeditions, tells where he went with it, and something about the Adventure Team Challenge and the Land Rover National Rally in 2001-2005.

Again, I just saw this as I was driving and stopped for a quick pic. I do not know the validity of anything on the paper. Neat vehicle though...

Oh yeah, I don't know squat about Land Rovers, so please no tech questions!

I saw this vehicle for sale last summer or fall on State Route 28 between Centreville and Manassas. At the time it just didn't register with me what it was. Kind of a subliminal drive by for me.

About a month later it registered with me what it was and I went back to have a look but it was gone.

I'll have to go by and take a look.

Yes indeed they are definitely a unique vehicle.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Ha! I thought that looked familiar. Build details here. In case you are not familiar with the truck, it is not, nor was it ever, a CT truck.

6Pins

Adventurer
That has been for sale for ever. I saw it in about the same spot at least a year ago, maybe closer to 2. I'd just bought my iphone and took the first picture with it.

pangaea

Adventurer
That does indeed appear to be my former Discovery. If any board members are interested, I'd be happy to answer any questions about the truck. However, I sold it about 2 or 3 years ago, and I can't really speak as to the condition of it since then.

bovw

Explorer
I know it was there last July, and was spotted by a friend of mine a couple of months ago too.

Fifthpro

Adventurer
I have stopped and looked at it myself and even talked to the owner.......when asked why he was selling it he talked about needing braces for his kids. It has sat there well over a year now with no takers. Though times and a high price says it will sit there a little longer.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne