Calmini Suspension & Bumpers

JakeH

Adventurer
This is one brand I never see anyone around here using. Anybody have a specific issue with their products? I've been drooling over their frontier rear tube bumper & side step rails. Is it junk?

Triplesnake

Adventurer
No, it's quality stuff. I think the issue most have is the wait time. As far as I know, they build everything to order.

JakeH

Adventurer
Ahaa, good to know. I didn't really think about that, but I'm in no hurry. I'm thinking of tube bumpers front & back now with the side rails--I can get all 3 for about $1500 give or take, about the same price as an ARB front bumper alone... I'm digging that look all of a sudden!

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I do not have first hand experience, so take this for what it is. On Club Frontier there are many threads about the poor fitment from the Calmini.

Obrianmcc

Observer
I've heard of issues when it came time to rebuild ... primarily due to long lead times and customer service response

JakeH

Adventurer
I'm actually happy to hear the stuff isn't lightweight, I want the keep a decent level of protection.

Mr.510

All of Calmini's parts are well designed and built but their customer service is horrible. Fortunately, once you get parts from them you aren't likely to ever need to rebuild or replace anything so their crappy service isn't that big of a deal.

mtaylor

Observer
Their customer service sucks, their product fits alright (apparently their UCAs are a different story) and their powdercoating is awful.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Ordered a ton of parts in July and was told two weeks. Two weeks turned into 5 months with only a partial order shipped. Asked for refund, still waiting on refund. No returned emails or phone calls, so I had to keep tracking down the manager. Do your research and make an informed decision that your ok with the long wait.

JakeH

Adventurer
Well that is good to know! I would not be a happy camper if I dropped a load of cash on bumpers & steps then had to wait months... I assumed they were a large scale operation but they sound more like 2 dudes in a garage at this point. I don't see this stuff as needing to be "custom" in any way, there's a million frontiers on the road. Well, shrockworks is here in Houston if I remember right, at least I can drive down & yell at someone if I'm not happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94