Calling all 2.7liter 4runners

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Are there anymore on this forum? Would love to see some more.

Trying to figure out why it won't let me upload a picture.

"Henry"
1997 4runner. 5spd. 2.7liter. 4x4. Natural White.

Plans:
front hitch rec.
small lightbar, grill mounted.
tires
bangin' stereo

Last edited:

owyheerat

Adventurer
Not so fast my friend...

There's at least one more:smiley_drive:.

I have a 99' with 2.7l and 5spd. Not my daily driver (I have a company truck), just my weekend 'exploring' rig. I've owned it for 1 1/2 years, added a lift, tires, sliders, full skids, AOR front bumper and Warns M8000s winch. It's not fast, or pretty, but man I love driving it. 207k (currently), runs great, doesn't burn or use a drop of oil, gets 20 mpg on the hwy, and everything still works. Gotta love Toyota's!

Here's a couple current pics.

image.jpgimage (3).jpg

Cheers

Durwin

Laxaholic

Adventurer
it looks great! what size tires are you running?

How rare are these tings?

Do you happen to know what the "sw" button on the stock radio does?

-Jack

owyheerat

Adventurer
Thanks Jack. 235/85r16 (32's).

I don't think Toyota made too many of them...just guessing, cause it took me 8 months to find one. I came across 2 locally (when I was looking to purchase) that had the 2.7l with auto, but they were both 2wd.

I don't know what the 'sw' button would be for. The PO had replaced the stock radio with a fairly nice Kenwood head unit. I wish it still had the stock radio. I don't need or like stuff with lots of 'bells and whistles'.

Let's see pic of yours.

Durwin

greenz71

Observer
im picking up mine this friday, my tahoe got stolen in phoenix, so i decided to go back to toyota. 97 4runner, 4x4, 5 spd, 2.7L 4 banger.

owyheerat

Adventurer
@greenz71, post some pics when you get it. BTW, good choice...imo. Have you owned a 4runner with 2.7l prior?

Durwin

greenz71

Observer
@greenz71, post some pics when you get it. BTW, good choice...imo. Have you owned a 4runner with 2.7l prior?

Durwin

I've owned a 94 4runner with a 3.0 that got totaled from being rear ended, and a 2000 tacoma 2wd with a 2.4L

The 94 I did a manual trans swap and fixed all the broken stuff, it ran like a champ. The tacoma, i never had a problem with at all, 28 mpg and 220k miles and kept going.

This next one Im just going to put an elocker and some new shocks/tires on it and keep it stock for the most part. I usually do moderate trails, nothing too crazy, I dont likie rough riding vehicles as Im getting older and it kills my back.

ca18_sean

Adventurer
Nice looking truck! I don't see a lot of 2.7L 4Runners, but there are plenty of Tacomas! I have one with 315k on it, runs awesome. It's kind of a dog in the Tacoma, so I can only imagine how slow it would be in a 4Runner. But as far as reliability goes, it's pretty hard to beat :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94