California To Alaska! North To the Future

Ala5ka

VX'er
I'm driving from Santa Barbara to Wickenburg Arizona...and then to Anchorage Alaska. I do this at the beginning of each summer, not exactly a big adventure but this year is different as I'm driving a motor coach instead of an expo rig. Also I'm graduating from college in three days with my degree in English and Biology. Moving back to Alaska to get to work and I'm bringing my beautiful bride to be with me :) I will keep this thread updated as long as I have cell service and try and post my SPOT location and Google map of daily trip. Last year I had a wild ride including harassing the wildlife by chasing them (moose, buffalo, sheep, caribou, and one bear) and a bear got into the back of our pickup truck. We usually do the trip in 5 days or so depending on mechanical difficulties, weather, and US/CAN border. Wish us luck!

pics from last trip

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0428.JPG

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Congratulation on your accomplishments.
It was nice meeting you and your wife at the Mountain Rendezvous.
Have a safe trip and enjoy.
Where in Alaska will you wind up?
I am jealous!
Jeff

Ala5ka

VX'er
On our way to Chugiak AK. Stopped in Arimo Idaho blown tire + toasted hub x sparks from the rim = trailer fire. We've had three flats which have set us back but I'll try and do a good write up when we've arrived.

Ala5ka

VX'er
Starting the Alcan today blew four more tires, lost leveling jacks, bad injector, pray for a better trip. Having a really great time though.

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
Road Condition?

What are road conditions this early? We are planning our trip from Ariz. in Aug./Sept. Hope to drive up Cassiar & back on Alaska Hwy. Interested in any/all input from prior or current experience.
All best wishes for Your ADVenture! Ric. in Ariz.

Ala5ka

VX'er
Finally made it in last night at 2am after a total of ten lost tires during the trip only to be woken ten minutes ago by a 4.8 earthquake :) full trip write up with pics coming soon

bobDog

Expedition Leader
So things are going well then, eh. :D. Hope everything is happening at the same time....then no more trouble! !!!!!!! Its like that sometimes.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

aka rover

Adventurer
What kind of tires are you running? I have now logged 17 trips on that road and to date i have only had 1 blow out and it was due to a bridge wash out. Im leaving again Nov. 10TH on way to mexico and only carrying one spare? I hope this is enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online