M1102 BUILD PLAN...
Will organize this a bit better, but for now here are my notes for the build...
LED lighting conversion
- Buy replacement LEDs lights (complete, $60)
- Buy wiring harness (complete, $80)
Buy 2 yellow LED marker lights $7each
And 2 red LED marker lights $7each
Check and clean all wiring
It appears the .gov has been putting M1101 and M1102 trailers in auctions recently, and more and more are making their way into enthusiast hands. Having purchased two myself from govliquidation.co…
Adjustable Pintle Hitch with 4-8” drop/raise
XL (3-4 person) Roof Top Tent
- Anti condensation pad
- Skylight zippers
- Telescoping ladder with ability for extra height
- Buy extra 2-3” memory foam mattress for extra comfort ($150)
- Measure length of roof rack
Custom rigid roof rack
- Use current trailer bed mount locations (removable)
- Use lighter weight tubing for easier removable, but still able to hold 1000#+
- Ability to install/mount LED Pods (around tubing) and run wires through poles and into trailer (drill hole at base of poles to pull wires through)
- Weld on (2) flagpole mounts with (2) whip mounts with ability to pull electric for lite-up whips.
- Build around Bedside toolboxes (black), using original mounts for the toolboxes as well. Place between the rooftop rack frame mounts.
- Optional: Add a basket on opposite side of the RTT for lightweight gear/tubs (measure so it’s correct size for Action Packer tubs.
Roof Rack Build/Options:
Jim Lange (referral from Jeff Geck) 909-762-4592
Send all details, photos, mock-up drawing
Bedside tool boxes
72” long double door boxes on each side with locks and weather resistant. Mount in stock trailer top mounts/threaded holes with roof top rack around it to be extra sturdy.
LED lights (pods), match lights from Gizmo with ability to change colors.
Battery box + 5gal Propane tank holder combo in front
Research electrical needs including ability to charge from tow vehicle using 7-pin plug while in-tow, ability to charge via solar panel and ability for plug in from generator.
Solar panel charger
Shower + Hot Water for dishes:
Extra sturdy PVC or ABS 30 gallon water tank mounted in front/center of trailer (black) OR, find one that can be mounted under the trailer like a toy hauler that is long and shallow so it’s does take up bed space.
12v RV water pump (good pressure)
12v RV instant propane water heater
Outdoor coil style shower hose with mount on roof top tent rack with teak wood floor and possible shower tent. Use water conserving shower head ($300-400) Hose has valve for a second hose for dishes (separate dish table/sink)
Optional: Dual drawer box
One side will have 2, 2-burner camp chef removable stoves (pre-hooked up using propane tanks on front of trailer). Easy to remove the entire grill for cleaning.
Other side is a full drawer with separated compartments for food and other items
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk