Cal4Wheel's 2015 Winter Fun Fest - YOU MISSED OUT! Our 2.5 Performed Flawlessly!

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Some pics from last weekend's Winter Fun Fest in Grass Valley, CA. Three days in the mountains with my wife and daughter was a ton of fun. Not as much snow as they've had in the past, but we found plenty to play in. I'm still continually very impressed with the ability of our Montero, especially now with the front locker, lift and 35s. It didn't miss a beat while Jeeps were getting stuck. There were some amazing rigs of all breeds and everyone we met could not have been nicer or more helpful. I HIGHLY recommend making it next year if you can.

Recommended books for Overlanding

We Will Be Free: Overlanding In Africa and Around South A...
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guide
by Tom Sheppard
From $99.99

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
There were more difficult sections, I was just too busy driving to shoot them. Nothing super hard at all though. The Jeeps were having trouble getting up the really steep icy/snowy grades.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
How did the nearly stock golden Monty do on 33's in front of you? (in comparison to your 35's with front locker)

Recommended books for Overlanding

Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $29.19
Morocco Overland: A Route & Planning Guide - Southern Mor...
by Chris Scott
From $18.03
First Overland: London-Singapore by Land Rover
by Tim Slessor
From $13.4
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99

EmptyOly

Great pics KIRK! Thanks

How did the nearly stock golden Monty do on 33's in front of you? (in comparison to your 35's with front locker)
I'm pretty sure he only got stuck in one spot.
Yeah I got stuck once. It was cool. I was third behind the trail leader and hit some soft unbroken snow. I think I was high centered in the front. After using the shovel a bit the S10 with exo-cage pulled me back on trail. Plus I was running 20psi in the tires. Took them down to 10psi and made a big difference moving forward and never had any issues after.

IMG_7854.jpg

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
More Jeeps got stuck than Monteros!

Great pics KIRK! Thanks

Yeah I got stuck once. It was cool. I was third behind the trail leader and hit some soft unbroken snow. I think I was high centered in the front. After using the shovel a bit the S10 with exo-cage pulled me back on trail. Plus I was running 20psi in the tires. Took them down to 10psi and made a big difference moving forward and never had any issues after.

View attachment 268943