Cable glands large enough for Goal Zero 8mm connector?

Wanted to update the thread with what I ended up doing. I used a stainless steel bulk head connector typically used for a water tank. It took a 1" hole drilled into the camper shell to install it. I put it right underneath the solar panel to keep the sun and rain off it. Weather proofed it with silicone. I then put a piece of rubber hose inside it that the cables go through and wrapped it with electrical tape. When the panels are not on the truck I can cap the hole with a simple garden hose cap. This bulk head connector is large enough to put two Goal Zero 8mm connectors through and cost $10.20210817_095727.jpg20210817_095942.jpg

Louisd75

Adventurer
I didn't catch this thread earlier, but another option out there is Scanstrut. They're UV stable plastic originally intended for the marine industry. They make horizontal and vertical passthroughs. I've got a couple on the top of my truck that are a few years old. I did spray paint them to help protect them from direct UV light. They do have some aluminum cover options:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior