Cabinets in a FWC Raven Shell

eyemgh

I have a Raven shell with a heater. The previous owner put in a marine board counters on the heater side, a marine board shelf on the window side and a Sterilite three drawer unit near the back in front of the window. After using it for a year, I think I can do better. I am ripping the mods out.

I plan on putting in a Corian counter with an undermount sink on the heater side and running gray water outside the camper with a Camco hose unit. We'll drain on the ground where we can and collect it with a hose where we can't. It's essentially replicating what Scout is doing in their new line. I'll do a door below the sink, and drawer(s) to the right.

On the opposite side, I plan on a 2 or 3 drawer unit in the back corner.

The question is, what to make it out of. I'm intrigued by expanded PVC due to the weight. I can paint it to match the walls now that I know the color. It will add a layer of protection to an otherwise softish material.

I want it to look intended, and not thrown together as much as possible.

Has anyone worked with expanded PVC? Pros? Cons? Alternatives?

Thanks!

highwest

Have you seen this one?
My plan is to start with an 8020 frame and face it with expanded PVC board. Unfortunately, the material is back ordered till the second week of Aug, so I can let you know more after that.

eyemgh

That’s slick! I know that some people paint it. It’s a little soft, but the cabinets I need are up off the floor and unlikely to get damaged.

eyemgh

I wouldn’t use it for flooring unless I laminated it. You can scratch it with your fingernail.

highwest

I received my ePVC sheet and agree that it requires some protection. I’ll be doing bedliner (Monstaliner) on the floor and vertical surfaces and carpet on the bench tops.

I also considered laminate or coin floor and think those are great options too.

highwest

I received my ePVC sheet and agree that it requires some protection. I’ll be doing bedliner (Monstaliner) on the floor and vertical surfaces and carpet on the bench tops.

I also considered laminate or coin floor and think those are great options too.
Update.
4FC2F60C-5F4A-4BF7-ABB9-5B4D69208401.jpeg

Reactions: plh

eyemgh

That looks great! I ended up keeping the marine board counter, putting an edge trim on it and repurposing the curtain system from the back window to go in front of the sink drain/trach can.

Attachments

• CamperInterior.jpg
    CamperInterior.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles