Cabinet hardware sources

jammyauto

Adventurer
For the corners did you just run another strip of fiberglass cloth? Or is that fiberglass tape?
It's tape, 2" or 3", I can't remember.
I assume the shelves are glued in as well?
Yes, there are no moving parts. Well actually there are 3 seperate cabinet sections on the left side of the van and one one the right. I built it this way because the body of the van does flex. Eachcabinet section weighs less than 20lbs. except the galley which has 5/8" countertop and 1/2" supporting walls.
Were you tempted to keep the wood clear finished instead of painted?
That's what I planned at first. There are alot of curves in my cabinets to fully use the interior space of the van. The cabinet that you see with the nice curve on the bottom is directly above my head when I'm sleeping. I don't like hitting my head on corners. I cut relief lines in the plywood for the curves that got filled with epoxy. I the end they just did not look that good so I pai
nted them. In my opinion the paint really makes them look clean and not "home made".

Sorry, wife is calling time for dinner

dustboy

Explorer
FYI to ExPo'ers, I can get cabinet hardware through my business for decent prices. I'm not looking for profit, but maybe trade me something or send me a cool sticker. PM me with what you need and I'll see what I can do.

For example, my price for 1 pr. of 20", 500 lb full extension Accuride drawer slides is $66. I'm about to order a pair, if we buy 4+ the price is even better.

jesusgatos

Explorer
Nice job on those cabinets! I just went through this a little while ago. Here's a link to a thread with more pictures and links to some of the hardware I looked at. I ended up using these, mostly because they were flush and I got a good deal on them.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hi Seth,

Can you please tell me the part number(s) you are looking for? I can give you a list of distributors who can sell you the product ASAP.

Amy Lepre
Southco, Inc.
How much are these? http://www.southco.com/resources/literature/1-1-6.en.pdf (black powder-coat).

They seem to be perfect for locking the sides of a Conqueror trailer...

100_2950.jpg

100_3652.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94