cabinet door latches

jesusgatos

Explorer
I'm having Davis Cabinets build all of the cabinetry for the interior of my M109 motorhome conversion, and I need to decide what type of latches to have them install on all of the cabinet doors. I searched, but turned up so many results that I couldn't sort through them to find anything useful. About the only mention of latches like I'm looking for was in the ecoroamer thread. But I'm building an old army truck and I've got kind of a baja theme going on in the interior (bright colors, stained woods, etc.) and the latch-knobs on the ecoroamer rig are just too 'modern' looking. So what else is out there?

jesusgatos

Explorer
What do you guys think of these?

lj61.jpg

I like that these are flush-mounted and will close automatically. These would probably be a good choice.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Explorer
Bar-latch

blt.jpg

I think I like these the most so far. Not sure why. My only concerns are that they're not going to be the quickest to open/close, and I've got some overhead compartments where the latch would hang down vertical when it's closed. So if the knurled knobs weren't tightened down, I could see how they could allow a cabinet door to open accidentally. These ones are spring-loaded, but I don't like they way they look nearly as much.

Last edited:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I love for something flush. It will be more of a pain to install but the last thing you want to do in a semi-cramped camper is snag your brand new $400 down coat on a latch ripping it.....

jesusgatos

Explorer
I love for something flush. It will be more of a pain to install but the last thing you want to do in a semi-cramped camper is snag your brand new $400 down coat on a latch ripping it.....
I think you're right. If I could find something like the first latches I posted with a different kind of aesthetic, that would be awesome. I still might end up just using those. They look exactly like what a latch like we need should look like. Maybe I should just get over it and order them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles