Cab to Camper Pass Through???

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Has anybody done a pass-through that is able to be closed off if the camper body is removed?

I would love to have a flatbed (FUSO, F550, Ram 5500, etc.) where I could build a flatbed camper using perhaps a Total Composites body. Having the pass through would be great, especially since a cabover doesn't have a lot of space for the dogs. So they could crash on their beds inside the camper while traveling. Also, all the other benefits of pass through like inclement weather, security, etc.

But, when we're not using the camper, I want to be able to remove it and have access to the flatbed to use it as a truck. Would need to be able to close up and seal the pass through to the cab for that.

Anybody out there done this?

Very easy! Simply install two pass through doors .

Attachments

• IMG-3974.JPG
    IMG-3974.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG-3972.JPG
    IMG-3972.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG-3973.JPG
    IMG-3973.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG-3975.JPG
    IMG-3975.JPG
    1,015 KB · Views: 52

Ramdough

Adventurer
It is a matting, here are some photos of the left overs.

View attachment 375343

Here is a photo of how we stop the inner seal from coming down whilst driving - looking up at the shock chord.

View attachment 375344

Hey Iain,

We are finally cutting the hole next weekend.

The hole size will be 1700mm tall by 711mm wide.

Did you ever measure using a dB meter the tunnel noise level vs the noise level right outside the tunnel?

If not, would it be too much to ask if you could go measure with you phone?

Hope your doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Hi never measured that, would be a good test. Currently the truck is on stands in the shed, waiting for my hand to heal before I put the new transmission in, so will be a month or more before I can do any tests.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Hi never measured that, would be a good test. Currently the truck is on stands in the shed, waiting for my hand to heal before I put the new transmission in, so will be a month or more before I can do any tests.

I hope your hand heals well so you can get back to doing what you enjoy again.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94