C5500 Mobile Command Family overlander

Korey H

9f976fb3470e7fce39a6cc5b4ecbe9cc.jpg

A bit of progress. Pioneer 9k btu, 21.5 SEER. Note they do not include the refrigerant connections in the dimensions specs... we barely had enough space now I’ll have to build a shroud to protect them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korey H

df541c9a5ccd948e077c90bfdb218d71.jpg

Lots of upcycling of the aluminum inner skin with the reconfiguration.

Reactions: RKB

Korey H

3da212c49658dd3ba57fff063b64e6d4.jpg

Progress. Shower / bathroom beginning to come together. Kitchen on the left. Kids bunks x 3 on the right.

cjken

Explorer
Nice!!
I’m interested in your battery setup.
How many amp is the BMS?
Also, any concerns with low temp?
That is what is holding me up on choosing a battery option. It gets below freezing here and I don’t want to destroy batteries by charging or using below the acceptable temp range.

Check out Battle Born’s newest line—they have battery heaters built in. They also are offering an aftermarket heater-wrap that can go on any battery—similar to a water tank heater. I picked up a 100ah Amazon special lithium battery for 500 bucks and one of the battery warmers, for a total of about 700–for a 100ah, zero stress, zero maintenance lithium setup, it’s not bad at all.

Korey H

Nice!!
I’m interested in your battery setup.
How many amp is the BMS?
Also, any concerns with low temp?
That is what is holding me up on choosing a battery option. It gets below freezing here and I don’t want to destroy batteries by charging or using below the acceptable temp range.

Temp certainly a concern but size weight etc outweighed. I have an existing battery drawer that is outside the thermal envelope and if I put it in there will insulate and then put a tank heater under it (they’re thermostatically controlled - pretty easy. Also ran across a battery compartment radiator / hydronic option.

Each of the BMS are 250a. BTW these batteries worked out to under $2k for 560AH so that swayed me too. They’re built with grade A EVE cells that are matched. I’m no electric pro (in fact looking for someone in the Midwest to assist with integration..: planning for 1400 watts solar to accompany this battery.

cjken

Explorer
Front seat looks great.
I’m gonna need to do something with mine at some point.

Last edited:

charlesrg

dd735c7d67531fa707d5d84b4c6488e0.jpg

Can’t wait to put in the new awning style windows. Direct from Maygood via Alibaba. Great customer service.

How do you like the windows ? I'm considering Tonga windows but Maygood are around for a while. Do you recommend them or would use them again ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz