C5500 Mobile Command Family overlander

Korey H

You really should consider a wrap versus painting your truck.

A wrap will be cheaper than your current paint quote, completed in a couple of days, no paint and drunkass bodyman to deal with, the only limitation to design is yourself and today's quality wraps last a longtime!

Attached is a pic of my old Featherlite trailer that was wrapped in 2003 and has sat outside everyday since wrapped and still looks good.

Our good friend owns a wrap company here and we considered it. Would really look great but still at least a few k. Then I question durability especially since here in MO we have lots of trees and the truck is just a bit oversized for our back roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korey H

5de610cdb84df8170f61d030bc05c6c1.jpg

Garage build out nearly complete. Way overkill but planning for two bbq cylinders (only cooking / grilling with gas). Water connection for an outside shower / hose. 12v and 120v for chargers (planning for 12v impact, grinder, and chainsaw).

Korey H

609bba4bf9842c0d30a617445f933a56.jpg

10 hour round trip drive but got five matching jump seats. These (four) will go across the back of the quad cab. They fold allowing access to the pass through. Bonus cup holders and storage in the backs.

ben_j_c

609bba4bf9842c0d30a617445f933a56.jpg

10 hour round trip drive but got five matching jump seats. These (four) will go across the back of the quad cab. They fold allowing access to the pass through. Bonus cup holders and storage in the backs.

What vehicle did these come out of, I like this idea!

Korey H

What vehicle did these come out of, I like this idea!

I believe them to be jump seats from f250s and up. The seller thought an excursion. Check eBay though and you’ll see a lot. Then look local as they can be rather expensive $300+ each.

Korey H

I believe them to be jump seats from f250s and up. The seller thought an excursion. Check eBay though and you’ll see a lot. Then look local as they can be rather expensive $300+ each.

By the way the rear brackets protrude a few inches on each side, they’ll get cut off and instead have inside brackets. I’ll likely frame the supports from Unistrut.

Korey H

There are a lot of hungry welders out there! Find a guy, cut up the material to build the framework you want, bring the guy in to tack it up... Then watch his first two welds, if they are clean, then "full steam ahead"! If not kick him to the curb and find another welder. You'll get it! Also, I am EXTREMELY weary of structures made from mechanical connections when dealing with rough "shuddering" like on long double tracks!
AND DO NOT REUSE Nyloc nuts... Trust me! I learned from experience!

Nice truck! You're kids probably have no clue about how lucky they are.

Right on. Really just meant planning Unistrut crossbars to bolt through. The rest will be welded up. I’ll likely tack it up then have my local shop burn solid. I just have a small mig.

Alloy

5de610cdb84df8170f61d030bc05c6c1.jpg

Garage build out nearly complete. Way overkill but planning for two bbq cylinders (only cooking / grilling with gas). Water connection for an outside shower / hose. 12v and 120v for chargers (planning for 12v impact, grinder, and chainsaw).

Does the compartment have lots of venting in the bottom so Proane ( which is heavier than air) will vent out the bottom.

Korey H

Does the compartment have lots of venting in the bottom so Proane ( which is heavier than air) will vent out the bottom.

Yep sure will. As such had to build the thermal / air boundary around it hence the silcock. Thanks though for checking.

this.one.guy

The most important question is, of course, what are you going to name it? =)

Also, what is the subframe situation? Was it built to withstand some flex?

Korey H

The most important question is, of course, what are you going to name it? =)

Also, what is the subframe situation? Was it built to withstand some flex?

Ha good question on the name. The Sprinter is Moby so the kids call it M2. No flex mounts unfortunately just a U bolt looking set up with factory warning to tighten at integrals. Certainly some movement between cab and box ie frame twist at major offsets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles