C4500 Kodiak - Grizzly

java

Expedition Leader
So I blew a rear shock going up a pretty offroady trail to find a campsite on Smithsonian Butte rd.
View attachment 616654

Now luckily with the kelderman air-suspension the shocks don't really add too much to the suspension.
I'm deciding to replace these with just bilsteins again, or should I splurge on King shocks. It looks like all Earthroamers use the kelderman air-suspension in combination with king shocks (and remote reservoirs), even though Kelderman recommends just using stock shocks, since the airbags don't allow the shock to perform as well.

Anyone running Kings + kelderman airbags on a 450/550 vehicle? Did u notice a difference at all?

Follow us on Instagram @grizzly.overland
I'm running a fix with resi on the front of my 450 with kelderman. Not worth the money IMO

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

blu88

Hey Jim
What about these?
Claim to be a alu.
I know the aluminum military wheels you tried did not work due to offset. Are these something different?
Is there such a thing as a Hutchinson military rim that works on the Kodiak??
c91779db186c72e1486951629bcb6109.jpg
Yes. They are used in the m777 155 mm howitzer. I found a set in Aug auctioned on ironplanet. They were in Pa. I didn't bid on them. They are a 19.5 wheel. Made by Hutchinson. But not 100 percent they were aluminium. They had 265 Michelin tires on them. High gvwr, wanna say around 6k kg, but don't hold me to that. Good luck

blu88

Yes. They are used in the m777 155 mm howitzer. I found a set in Aug auctioned on ironplanet. They were in Pa. I didn't bid on them. They are a 19.5 wheel. Made by Hutchinson. But not 100 percent they were aluminium. They had 265 Michelin tires on them. High gvwr, wanna say around 6k kg, but don't hold me to that. Good luck
Sorry should have looked harder. Just noticed the XZL's on them. Those look like MRAP wheels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior