C.Shontz 2001 Jeep Cherokee (Progress)

vonguido

Adventurer
Love that rear bumper! I can't wait till I have the funds to purchase one of those! Your XJ is looking awesome.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to relocate the license plate here. I'm going to fashion a panel out of ABS plastic that attaches to one of the Rotopax bolts under the spare tire, and then use two plastic Maglite clips to fasten it to the vertical tube.

On top of that, perhaps with a supplemental license plate bracket, I'll mount the license plate. Also utilizing the LED that came with the tire carrier, and also allowing me to shorten the wiring and neaten it up a bit.

14228732829_dc706d5296_z.jpg

It'll make sense when I'm done. It'll hopefully look halfway decent.

cdn_xj

Observer
Looks good! Though I'd recommend mounting the hi-liftt with the heavy end to the passenger side to reduce the leverage on the carrier's spindle/hinge.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

overlandxj

Dude, I love your rig, staying small is the hard part. I started with the OME 3.5 inch kit, then wanted 32s for a bit more clearance and it has been a steady fight to keep it low. Love the ARB and JCR bumpers the same color.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
The LED reverse lights were incorrectly mounted outset. I changed them to inset, which looks a bit nicer.

14236296288_c98617a85c_c.jpg

Huffster

The bumper looks awesome! I really like how tight it fits against the rear of your XJ. Looking forward to hearing how you deal with the rear wiper and how it's performing after a couple of weeks. Great work!

Singlespeed92

Observer
Being new here,I'm just seeing your thread/Jeep for the first time tonight,LOVE it! Subbing so I can get updates when you have em,and will be going back and reading it all this week coming :D

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Being new here,I'm just seeing your thread/Jeep for the first time tonight,LOVE it! Subbing so I can get updates when you have em,and will be going back and reading it all this week coming :D

Thanks!

It's not as much reading as you think. Only pages 1-5, and page 47 are interesting. The rest of the pages are mostly just me complaining about some mechanical issue or another. :)

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Surgery begins for the AALs. The nice thing about having a garage and a backup vehicle: just give 'em a squirt of PB Blaster, lower the bay door, and call it a night. I'll work on it more tomorrow, but for now, it's Millertime!

14260289170_90f4186aee_c.jpg

14445777954_2c00fb2751_c.jpg

Singlespeed92

Observer
Man...good ole PB Blast has sure saved many 'a knuckle around our homes over the years,LOL! :victory: (I read those pages,btw,awesome stuff,lots of idears for my '98 XJ :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94