Bye bye monty

1morebike

Adventurer
With sadness I have to say good by to my gen3 turns out the transmission is gone...how or why is a good question but never the less I decided it's not worth it to me to keep her going. (I just put in ome heavy suspension kit 6 months ago to) I just wanted to say thanks for all the help over the years.

CJREX

How many miles were on it?

I always heard these transmissions were solid.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

1morebike

Adventurer
159,000 I was the second owner I bought it at 130,000 and changed the fluid using Montero fluid. It's possible I bought with a problem and didn't notice. It would sometimes clunck when I let off the gas but I did some reading and it seemed normal. I'm with you , you never hear about bad transmission in these things.

CJREX

Post where you are located.

There may be someone on here who would like to get it as a project.

Edit: DOH!

Just saw you had it listed in the For Sale section

If you weren't literally on the other side of the country I'd probably get it just for the OME suspension.

Link for you and GLWS

2003 Montero

Last edited:

1morebike

Adventurer
Dang I would love to sell it someone who would use it. I had a gen 1 that blew a head gasket and I sold it for $500 to some guys who were going to rebuild it and joined a 4 wheel club. I see it around and miss it.

tj90

I looked at the pics and it's a nice truck. My problem is that I never know when to say enough and keep pouring money and time into a project. It's a nice looking truck for someone looking for a project. Did the tranny leave you stranded somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles