Bw1356... Advice based on experience

bcaine

I'm hoping that some with experience may chime in on why this transfer case may be good/bad.

Found a wrecked bronco (96, same as my van) that someone pulled the aod and bw1356 out of. The price is great, but I don't want to end up blowing the money on something's that's a bad choice.

Knowns: my van is 7.5L, e4Od, e350, soon to be dana50. The bw1356 is ESOF.

Obviously I trust the minds here. If I listened to the rest of the internet I wouldn't be going with the d50.

So any reasons not to do this? Are there fatal flaws I could spot before purchasing? What's a good price? (I think $150 for trans and case is good. The guy is a rodder who picked it up along with a 351w, but didn't need the extras)

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Great TCase - flanged rear output. Get your computer and wiring harness out of the Bronco or 91 to 94 Explorer. Get the button out of the Explorer, not the Bronco.

ert01

Adventurer
Does anyone make a 2-Low kit for the BW1356 anymore? I know one guy on Pirate used to sell them but now that I have a van with one, he's not making them anymore. (Or at least not responding to my emails anyways).

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
Does anyone make a 2-Low kit for the BW1356 anymore? I know one guy on Pirate used to sell them but now that I have a van with one, he's not making them anymore. (Or at least not responding to my emails anyways).
The guy from behemoth?

If you have manual hubs you'll get 2wd Low by engaging low range with the hubs unlocked. Done it many times with no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles