Buying or hiring someone to make a drawer system

Hey Guys!
I've got a budget of about $900, and have been looking everywhere to see if I could find a wood worker or someone who already has the tools necessary to help me create what I have in mind.

I've posted on craigslist, reddit, and numerous other locations- but cannot seem to find someone. Just looking to see if anyone in the SF Bay Area knows someone willing to do custom work. or what systems I can buy (two drawer for my 4th gen 4runner) that I can then modify, into what I'd really like..

Thanks for any insight....
Adam

plh

Explorer
Seriously? I think your budget is too low. You will need to account for at least 4 to 8 hours design time and 20 to 40 hours build time for something custom. Guessing in SFB area this would be closer to $2500 (plus material)

verdesardog

Explorer
You didn't say where you're located. If you want to help build the system and camp out in my 3 acre back yard I'm near Sedona AZ. You pay for the materials I'll do the work for $25.00/hr

Hey Guys!
I've got a budget of about $900, and have been looking everywhere to see if I could find a wood worker or someone who already has the tools necessary to help me create what I have in mind.

I've posted on craigslist, reddit, and numerous other locations- but cannot seem to find someone. Just looking to see if anyone in the SF Bay Area knows someone willing to do custom work. or what systems I can buy (two drawer for my 4th gen 4runner) that I can then modify, into what I'd really like..

Thanks for any insight....
Adam

You didn't say where you're located. If you want to help build the system and camp out in my 3 acre back yard I'm near Sedona AZ. You pay for the materials I'll do the work for $25.00/hr

Huh?

I feel the design is fairly simple and I suppose I could always push the budget a bit. But come on people, I know this is overlanding-but its turning into the marine industry. It's still just two damn drawers. No way in hell is it worth that much. I know you get what you pay for, but some things can be done within reason

ramonortiz55

Adventurer
Someone is currently doing my drawer setup for my 3rd gen 4runner. I found him by posting an ad on craigslist searching for someone that could make them.
He is charging me $350 for the drawer set. :wings:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I feel the design is fairly simple and I suppose I could always push the budget a bit. But come on people, I know this is overlanding-but its turning into the marine industry. It's still just two damn drawers. No way in hell is it worth that much. I know you get what you pay for, but some things can be done within reason

'just two damn drawers' - Then build it. Learn a new skill. It isn't hard and doesn't take much time. And if you peruse the sticky topic all the design work has been done for you. $100 worth of used tools and built it yourself.

GaryMc

Explorer

Sounds like you should do it yourself if you are not willing to pay a tradesman what they are worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles