Bush Company Alpha RTT

What made you go with this over the other brands?
A couple things caught my interest. They seem very well constructed (but I think that can be said of all the tents in this class). The dimensions work out well for me--the distributor gave me a video tour of his tent, and the foot end which was the concern on the AluCab is more spacious. I like the electronics being pre-wired as the wife is a fan of movies on the IPad while chilling up top. The dual layer canvas should (and I emphasize should...) help deal with condensation. The doors and ventilation seem well thought out. The wrap around awning is interesting. The ability to mount stuff on the top was less a selling point as stacking more weight on the top of an already heavy tent mounted to a 4Runner seems like a poor idea...maybe a set of MaxTracks, but nothing of substance.

Honestly, it was a coin toss between the Alpha and the Stealth. Check with me sometime around September 2020. If you see a classified add featuring a well-cared for Bush Company Alpha, you will know the coin should have landed heads not tails.

Lownomore

I'm interested in seeing one in person. From the video's I've seen it looks good.

I have an Alu-Cab Gen 3 and love it. I'm eager to see what Alu-Cab has done with the Gen 4 to improve upon it.

My deal on the Alpha is for $3,650.00 picked up in Houston.

That is an introductory offer on the first shipment... Not sure if that price is still available but a phone call would answer the question.

Last edited:

Qomomoko

Looks fantastic! Especially the powder coated roof and the rail system.
On the roof int he closed position, it looks like it can handle the weight of one or 2 adults standing up, right?

vomhorizon

Would love to know that as well. This tent seems to check all the right boxes though I wish the ladder could have been integrated like the EA Stealth. It retails for around $3700 USD in Australia so if they could match that price here it would be a winner.

Who is the US distributor? I’m interested in one of these also.
Would love to know that as well. This tent seems to check all the right boxes though I wish the ladder could have been integrated like the EA Stealth. It retails for around $3700 USD in Australia so if they could match that price here it would be a winner.

Rex Guardione is the guy. He Is new to their distribution network so time will tell. But, to this point he has been extremely helpful and the communication has been excellent.

vomhorizon

Rex Guardione is the guy. He Is new to their distribution network so time will tell. But, to this point he has been extremely helpful and the communication has been excellent.

Thanks for the info. Awesome they the dealer is in Texas so I’ll probably give them a call early next year to see what they have in stock. Are you planning to mount it on a RR or rails? My only concern is that with their awning and the tent plus a solar panel we are probably looking at 300 lbs which probably warrants a roof rack which I was trying to avoid given these tents cover the entire 4Runner roof.

Contact info please.
His numbers are on the website. And, Rex is active on FB...send him a message or an invite and I am sure he will respond.
Thanks for the info. Awesome they the dealer is in Texas so I’ll probably give them a call early next year to see what they have in stock. Are you planning to mount it on a RR or rails? My only concern is that with their awning and the tent plus a solar panel we are probably looking at 300 lbs which probably warrants a roof rack which I was trying to avoid given these tents cover the entire 4Runner roof.
I have a Baja Rack mounted on the 4Runner and will most likely stick with it when we mount the Alpha. Weight is always a concern. The wife and I tend to not hang around in camp all that much so we don't have an awning at this time...we might change our minds down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles