Bush Company Alpha RTT

hatchtrikk

Good afternoon guys, hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My name is Rex Guardione and I am currently the only US distributor for The Bush Company. My wife Tabitha and I own Wrecks & Effects, a small
bodyshop in Dickinson, Texas. Located just under an hour South from downtown Houston. Been doing this my whole life, but travel and exploration has always been a passion so, naturally, we are evolving into the expedition/touring/overland scene. I'll do my best to keep up with this thread, but please feel free to reach out by phone, email, or FB messenger if I don't get back to you fast enough. I have both prototypes of the Alpha and 270XT awning in my possession and will gladly send pics, vids, measurements etc to help you with your purchase. We just spent 3 nights in West Texas desert over the break so I can give you some (limited) real world feedback as well. I know it's not very long, but I'm honest and shoot straight.

Contact info is in signature.

We are currently filling the container for the April shipment. January container is already spoken for and currently in production. If you'd like to get on the list, just shoot me an email: rex@midguardadventure.com and I'll get you sorted. Any tents that don't get purchased from the January container (we're not billing until the tents arrive at my shop) will go to the first few on the list for April. IF I have stock it'll be in April. Keep that in mind if you're wanting to have one before EXPO West.

I'll try to throw up some pics of our trip and videos in the future of the setup/takedown.

Cheers,

Rex Guardione

Last edited:

hatchtrikk

Looks fantastic! Especially the powder coated roof and the rail system.
On the roof int he closed position, it looks like it can handle the weight of one or 2 adults standing up, right?

I weigh 200lbs and had no problems walking around on the roof when I was installing the solar panel to the load bars. the roof can carry nearly 400lbs and still open with 100 strapped to it.

Would love to know that as well. This tent seems to check all the right boxes though I wish the ladder could have been integrated like the EA Stealth. It retails for around $3700 USD in Australia so if they could match that price here it would be a winner.

The ladder is probably the same collapsible aluminum one most companies use. the mount to the tent though is super fast, doesn't require a lock, and is rock solid. Introductory price is 3,650 US before tax (if applicable) and shipping.

Thanks for the info. Awesome they the dealer is in Texas so I’ll probably give them a call early next year to see what they have in stock. Are you planning to mount it on a RR or rails? My only concern is that with their awning and the tent plus a solar panel we are probably looking at 300 lbs which probably warrants a roof rack which I was trying to avoid given these tents cover the entire 4Runner roof.

I may not have stock until the third shipment so if you're wanting one, shoot me an email and we'll chat. I'm running a Sherpa rack on my GX470 and it's solid. really hoping to figure out another mounting solution that doesn't require a rack though because like you said, the whole roof is covered.

Any tents that don't get purchased from the January container (we're not billing until the tents arrive at my shop) will go to the first few on the list for April. IF I have stock it'll be in April. Keep that in mind if you're wanting to have one before EXPO West.

I should have mentioned the fact that Rex is not taking any down payment or security money on the orders, just an email handshake and gentlemen's agreement. I would imagine he has significant cash tied up in the initial orders from the Bush Company, but he is waiting to tie up customer money until the shipment is in his possession. A classy move IMHO (particularly given some of the horror stories circulating the Overlanding Community regarding the behavior of less reputable retailers and manufactures).

Last edited:

hatchtrikk

Good morning everyone and Merry Christmas! Just a little update for you all.

The Alpha tent at the introductory price of 3,650 is no longer available. They are set to go up to 4,295 when the next shipment arrives some time around May/June of next year. We will have a new model as well that will be right at 3,700, which is being debuted at Expo. I can't go into details on it yet, but rest assured, it'll be the same overbuilt style as the other models. Black Series Max is 4,495.

Please feel free to call or email anytime if you have questions or would like to get on the list. I'm currently taking orders for June for all models. Like before, I'm delaying invoicing until the tents, at minimum, are on the water.

Black Series Max vid below.

Cheers,

Last edited:

moose545

I've spoken with Rex over on GXOR a number of times, smart stand-up guy, good to see some new products coming in to the states! ~ Jon

surfdoggins

Anybody hear from Rex lately? I sent him a email a couple weeks ago but haven’t heard back from him.

Was just checking on the April shipment I had put my name on and to see if he had pricing for Hi-Lift mounts yet. Anybody else get the cold shoulder?

hatchtrikk

Anybody hear from Rex lately? I sent him a email a couple weeks ago but haven’t heard back from him.

Was just checking on the April shipment I had put my name on and to see if he had pricing for Hi-Lift mounts yet. Anybody else get the cold shoulder?
Good evening Joe! Sorry about the delay. We've been switching over to the new email address and I never got around to responding. You are on the April list and that container is still on track. HQ will have the US pricelist for accessories very soon, they have promised me. If in the future I don't respond within a few days, please feel free to shoot me another email, phone call, or text. You'll never get a cold shoulder from me brother!

surfdoggins

FYI- Rex gave me call this morning and updated me on everything. Highly recommend getting a hold of him if your interested in a Bush Company tent. A great guy to deal with!

Thanks again for the call Rex!

Tonyspad

impossible to locate this company or their products for sale in US. You would think they make it a little easier to buy lol

dcg141

Adventurer
These guys are really addressing most of the issues with RTT's. Would love so see an Alpha Max and a tunnel for the 270 awning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94