Bundutec Wild - Will it hold up to off-road pressure?

chrisfromoutside

Does anyone have real world experience with Bundutec slide-in campers?

I’m looking for anecdotal evidence that this camper won’t be rattling after many days of rock crawling and general off-roading.

I’m about to pull the trigger on a Four Wheel Camper but the Bundatec Wild model has caught my eye specifically for the wet bath option as I do a lot of extended winter camping.

Any firsthand information is much appreciated!

okiedavid

I know nothing about that brand, but fyi you can get the same cassette toilet in a FWC Hawk or Grandby. They also offer an inside shower option as well, but it uses the table area and not the toilet area.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I've beaten the crap out of my BunduFree tray model for the last year. See my signature to see my build/use (start at the end and work your way backwards for the Bundutec side of it). I had a FWC before this camper and both were very durable. I did finally have to replace a screw that had backed out of my rear taillight after completing El Camino del Diablo. That's been it for any repairs in roughly 25k miles of use.

Jack

chrisfromoutside

I know nothing about that brand, but fyi you can get the same cassette toilet in a FWC Hawk or Grandby. They also offer an inside shower option as well, but it uses the table area and not the toilet area.
Unfortunately the word on the inside shower options is that they're so annoying to set up that not many people use them much. Better than nothing for certain. The cassette toilet option looks nice but once you're stealing all that space, it would be great if it pulled double duty as a shower as well. Thanks for the info.

chrisfromoutside

I've beaten the crap out of my BunduFree tray model for the last year. See my signature to see my build/use (start at the end and work your way backwards for the Bundutec side of it). I had a FWC before this camper and both were very durable. I did finally have to replace a screw that had backed out of my rear taillight after completing El Camino del Diablo. That's been it for any repairs in roughly 25k miles of use.

Jack
Excellent build, Jack. And quite and adventure you've been on for some time.

Do you use your shower frequently and if so, are you happy with the toilet/shower setup?

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Excellent build, Jack. And quite and adventure you've been on for some time.

Do you use your shower frequently and if so, are you happy with the toilet/shower setup?
Thank you.

We have used both the inside and outside shower a few times. We hated the normal RV shower controls that were installed and switched them both to Bullfinch shower heads. Much better control of the water temperature. The best thing is that the toilet is removable in about five minutes, we are showering in about ten minutes.

Jack

kmacafee

Adventurer
I have had a Bundutec flatbed Odyssey for 18 months now including 125 nights and 50,000 miles. We've travelled a lot of off road -- Mohave Road, Bradshaw Trail, Death Valley -- to name a few and have had no issues. Things come loose in any camper and they have been minor. Love the cassette toilet and outdoor shower.

Here's a link to a review with pictures:

chrisfromoutside

I have had a Bundutec flatbed Odyssey for 18 months now including 125 nights and 50,000 miles. We've travelled a lot of off road -- Mohave Road, Bradshaw Trail, Death Valley -- to name a few and have had no issues. Things come loose in any camper and they have been minor. Love the cassette toilet and outdoor shower.

Here's a link to a review with pictures:
Great article Kevin. And a beautiful setup you guys have there too! Thanks for sharing.

ebnelson

What material does Bundatec USA use on their campers? Is it the same roof material for the Poptop and hardside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles