Bullet's Day Out

amit_shimla

Hi all,
I am a member of expedition portal from India this is my first post here. This post is a compilation of some pictures of my ride. In India Royal Enfield motorcycles (Commonly known as Bullet) are widely loved and used, Its just like a Harley of India. I live in the northern part of India in a small hill town known as Shimla.

I do know how to ride but never ever did long trips just a few short ones to have the feel of a two wheeler or quench my thirst to ride. My very dear friend Dr. Sandeep Negi purchased a 2006 Royal Enfield Machismo recently so today I gave him a call to check if he was free or he could lend his beloved Machismo to me so that I could go on short trip, to my surprise he agreed to accompany me as the weather in Shimla was amazingly cool and a little bit rainy.
So he came to pick me up and it was decided that we would ride to Shimla Airport as he has never been to that part of the town. The airport at Shimla is located about 25 kms away at a small village known as Jubbarhatti. The airport here facilitates the landing of a small 15 seater aircraft only and the flights are dependent on the weather conditions. But, no commercial flight has landed due to ongoing maintenance and it us under a complete lock down, only security people were present and they would not let us in so we came back from the gate.
I clicked some pics which I am going to add in this thread hope the readers like them.

IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2369.jpg
IMG_2372.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2398.jpg

Last edited:

Oni

Adventurer
There was a thread on another forum I'm on that a member posted a film made by his brother about the culture of Royal Enfield's in India and a shop that works on them. It was a cool film, but I couldn't find it. Very passionate shop keeping the Royal Enfields road worthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94