Building my first 4x4 van HELP! FIRST POST TOO! Been Lurking

FEDUPWBS

Observer
All went well. As stated by everyone who has done this kit make sure you have a good quality 1/2 drill and at least one extra set of arms. I recommend a nice dewalt with keyless check $139 at lowes which I got today once we finished the first side after instantly smoking a skill 3/8 drill and numerous battery swaps on the cordless. I have an ok black and decker 1/2 drill that was $80 or so bit left it at a job this weekend and to far to get it. The dewalt was worth every penny glad I was forced to buy it.
In short have help and a damn good drill and bits and the front hangers should only take 3-4 hours and not difficult. This kit fits perfectly so far.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Ok now... I see alot of writing, but where be the pics of this van ? Especially since your but a couple of hours away and I may see it on the road someday and be able to say I've seen it.....like the elusive Bigfoot....:sombrero::elkgrin::wavey:

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Wow, what a ride. Almost done. We have been at this thing every night and some days for 6 days. Been way too busy to check in and post BUT this thing is on the ground now. Waiting for the rear driveline and rear shocks to get in (hopefully tomorrow). This build is no joke! A ton of work and holy cow is it worth it.
I cannot say enough about Chris'@UJOR knowledge of these machines and prompt responses to questions technical or otherwise.

I will definitely post pics of the completed van but as far as the build is going there the same as the ones posted in UJOR videos and website www.ujointoffroad.com and other builds here. The process is straightforward but VERY time consuming and is not a weekend project. We had this thing on a 9000# twin post lift all week and want to give Mike at American Smog Shop in Hanford Ca A huge thank you for his GRACIOUS use of facility, tools and lift.
Definitely lots of work to go but this stage of the build is almost done. If we can pull this thing together it will be on display at the World Ag Expo in Tulare, Ca this week where over 100,000 people will see it in 3 days. Stop and say hello if you see it/us. We will be sponsoring the Cal Guns Foundation second amendment rights booth and displaying it there as a way to garner peoples eye (you can't miss this thing).

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Got the new rear driveline assembly from Bayshore truck equipment today. All new custom built masterpiece. All Spicer components and not one gram of balancing weight needed. Drove truck about 40 miles with no issues, still needs some steering mods and TQ not locking up but all went well. Rides good but has about a 2" rake in the back at the axle. Might need to go up in the front an inch or so.
This thing turns heads big time. Had one guy grabbing a cell phone pic as I stopped briefly at an intersection.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Get used to the phones & cameras!!!!!

The rear will come down once you have some miles on it.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Back on point. In the middle of installing regulated return and bowl delete, post pump filter and fass system as well as external trans filter and coolant filter, dptuner chip, gauges rebuilding turbo and bellowed uppipes with ceramic coating. Just finished ebpv and iah delete tonight. As soon as its back together I will do a battery move to tje frame and fabricate the cold air and ccv delete.
Xover steering and new rear brakelines just shipped from Chris. Front diff is out for powder coat and gets arb and gears next week.
Pics will be taken and posted soon as its done as there really is nothing new here far as I can tell I have just gleaned info from all of your ************ builds!

smugdoug

Hey FEDUPWBS do you have any pics of your install. Would like to see your Double shock install pics and opinion on the ride you have from the front suspension.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Rides great even with the wrong springs (2.5" too short) so I have some cheap shocks on it right now with only a single shock in the double mount. Just installed bilstien 7100 shocks on a custom crossmember in the rear and it really made the bounce in the front more pronounced. I can't wait to get the correct springs in hand so I can install the new track bar and dana 60 with arb and dynatracs killer balljoints. Simply waiting on the new springs to eventually show up to tear it down.
I don't know how to post pics yet so when I do I'll get em posted in full.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Got the new track bar today. That thing is very nicely fabricated. Little sticker shock on that part but once in hand you know why it costs what it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles