Building a M116A1 Military Trailer into an Overlanding trailer

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
So I'm converting my old dump trailer, its an M116A2 military trailer. Decommissioned. I bought it to haul garbage to the dump originally and wanted to build an overlanding trailer eventually out of it. I don't see the point of spending $20K on one of the fancy ones. While they look really cool and probably function really awesome. I have 33ft Bumper Pull if I'm going to live in luxury anyway. So the point of this is to just get out of town for a couple days when I don't want to get the beast out of the backyard and fill it up with water and food, and then fight idiots in traffic who swerve in-front of a large truck with a huge trailer and then slam on the brakes.

Anyway, this is going to be a series of videos, here is the first one if you want to watch it. Thanks

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Part 2 of our overlanding trailer build. We remove the crappy old wiring job, and build a new roof top tent rack.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Alright, I got Part 3 done. The boring stuff is finished, now onto the wiring, and major modes to finish this up. So far, I'm staying on budget.

I need some ideas for storage, tool boxes or drawers. What do you think would be good? I can't seem to find anything, and I'm not a carpenter. I actually hate working with wood, but I'd be willing to take some suggestions!

Here's the newest video.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Got a hell of a deal on a truck-bed drawer system. $100 for this thing.

94400045_10157372406910028_4229002220445630464_n.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Finally wrapping up the off-road trailer build. And pay attention for future videos, we took it out and tested it.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I finally got the trailer finished up and we took it out to do some off-road testing to see how it goes over obstacles.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Last weekend we went south to Social Distance our self properly in southern Utah. We spent two days, this is first day and part of the second finishing the Eagle Canyon Trail in the San Rafael Swell. Next week we will show you the second part of the trip to the Copper Globe Mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles