Building a fully enclosed Overland trailer to be towed by a Jeep

Teardropper

I have all that now...but that means I have to go to town. With this battery bank and 600w of Solar and a DC to DC charger, I only need sun and unleaded. In the Summer, I will only be limited by fuel if I stay in one place.

We're good for a month.

Tony

RonapRhys

Adventurer
I've noticed a few different trailers out there without propane. I think it's starting to get easier to do as solar becomes more efficient and less expensive. There's the upfront battery investment, but an efficient electric cooktop could work. Plus, depending on where one's at, there's the ability for campfire cooking when real meat's involved.

228B

Observer
Don't forget about white gas/camp fuel stoves. I have a selection of vintage Coleman pieces that I use to cook on.

Teardropper

Out of curiosity, what's the tow limitation on your Jeep and what do you anticipate the trailer weighing?

Tony

Danieland4

Nice job on the trailer, Im a welder by trade built many as i down size slowly , love the creativity ! Try some small gussets between your center post or a nice plate under end of your 3x3 and cross beam , helps with stablizing some deflection when you run some tough roads ... she looks ready for the WOODS ! ;)(y)

OldGreen

Are those hinged at the bottom? Curious why if that’s the case. If hinged at the top, if left unlatched the door still closes but hinged at the bottom it flops If left unlatched.
Yes they are hinged at the bottom and have cables that hold the door level. They are at the same height my fenders will be so it makes a good sized table. Not so important on the street side...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles